Leaderboard Extra
Alba DVD 114 can not play DVDs

Forums - Discs & Movies - Alba DVD 114 can not play DVDs 

12th April 2005 16:50  #1

Nic Smith Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 3
Alba DVD 114 can not play DVDs
I live in the UK and bought an Alba DVD 114 player. It worked for a good few months then stopped recognising DVD disks. It plays Audio CDs but will not play any DVD disks at all. The disk is inserted, it takes about 3 minutes before displaying No Disc on the display panel. I do not know if the video and audio settings have altered and I still have the remote but no instruction manual.

What is wrong with the DVD player?

12th April 2005 20:41  #2

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Maybe its full of dust? Playstation 2's have  tendancy to do that too. You gotta open em up and clean off the lense with a q-tip and often even have to re-adjust the laser.

Have you tried unplugging it for a day and then plugging it back in? It might reset the programming if it was a power issue.

Hope that helps.

18th April 2005 16:17  #3

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
If it is new, maybe it's time to go back to the retailer for warranty? We get 12 months usually here in Australia for electrical goods.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?