Leaderboard Extra
Brokeback Mountain - April 4, 2006?

Forums - Discs & Movies - Brokeback Mountain - April 4, 2006? 

13th March 2006 2:04  #1

drudo182 Member Join Date: November 2003 Location: United States Posts: 176
Brokeback Mountain - April 4, 2006?
So I keep reading that this film is being released on April 4 yet I haven't seen any specs or even artwork. With the disc set to be released in a few weeks, and none of this available, I am assuming that it will not be until May or after.

Any word on when we will get artwork or anything?

Thanks,

-drew-

13th March 2006 3:53  #2

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
Here's an advertisement I found for the DVD:

13th March 2006 7:27  #3

Oh, wow. Awesome. Thanks.

14th March 2006 17:23  #4

Donnie_Darko Banned Join Date: January 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 352
A Masterful Film.

Play.com says it has the following extras on the region 2...
'Directing From The Heart: Ang Lee' featurette
'From Script To Screen interviews with writers Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana
'Sharing The Story: The Making Of Brokeback Mountain' featurette
'On Being A Cowboy' featurette

14th March 2006 18:29  #5

Donnie_Darko wrote: A Masterful Film.

Play.com says it has the following extras on the region 2...
'Directing From The Heart: Ang Lee' featurette
'From Script To Screen interviews with writers Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana
'Sharing The Story: The Making Of Brokeback Mountain' featurette
'On Being A Cowboy' featurette

Hmm, sounds good. I really dont care if there are any extras. I just want this film. Such a tearjerker.

I don't even really agree with gay marriage or any of that stuff, but this film spoke volumes on tolerance and it was just a masterpiece. They are showing it on campus April 5 and then April 9 again.

I'll be getting the DVD either way.

14th March 2006 20:36  #6

I have a feeling criteron is gonna bring it out

14th March 2006 21:39  #7

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
I highly doubt that. I don't think they have ever released a Paramount or Focus Feature film.  It really doesn't play into the genre that Criterion generally releases.

15th March 2006 17:06  #8

Adrian wrote: I highly doubt that. I don't think they have ever released a Paramount or Focus Feature film.  It really doesn't play into the genre that Criterion generally releases.

YES IT DOES and Focus is a member of Universal so I wouldn't be surprised

15th March 2006 17:13  #9

stanton heck Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,098
Has anybody heard that if there is another edition to come out later?

15th March 2006 17:15  #10

Tom Pen Member Join Date: June 2004 Location: United States Posts: 142
is there gonna be an unrated version? ;/

15th March 2006 22:14  #11

Tom Pen wrote: is there gonna be an unrated version? ;/

Ha. With what, more violence? (And no, I'm not serious).

16th March 2006 1:42  #12

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,475 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
They didn't have any rating problems, so no.

16th March 2006 2:57  #13

Je Ff Member Join Date: February 2005 Location: United States Posts: 438
Actually, it is rumored that Ang Lee said his favorite scene was cut due to controversy, so if it is not included as a deleted scene there may very well be a director's cut or extended version.

16th March 2006 12:53  #14

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Don't get me wrong, I'm able to accept gay couples. But I really don't want to watch the sex parts. Hopefully there will be like what Oliver Stone did with Alexander.

16th March 2006 13:31  #15

Adam K Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 247
Je Ff wrote: Actually, it is rumored that Ang Lee said his favorite scene was cut due to controversy, so if it is not included as a deleted scene there may very well be a director's cut or extended version.

Have any idea what this rumored scene is supposed to be about? Like, what happened in it? Anyways, this was a great film and I can't wait to own it - I really wish they would announce it ... I mean, really, it was nominated for 8 oscars and just won 3, I figured they would have announced soon after the Awards, but I guess not.

16th March 2006 19:39  #16

Je Ff Member Join Date: February 2005 Location: United States Posts: 438
No, I do not know the nature of the scene.  But if it was controversial, I'm guessing it's something sexual.  Since that is where most controversy comes from in Hollywood.

17th March 2006 15:01  #17

Tricky Dicky Member Join Date: November 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 121
Tony DeFrancisco wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm able to accept gay couples. But I really don't want to watch the sex parts. Hopefully there will be like what Oliver Stone did with Alexander.

I find it very sad that I live in a world where people can watch people get murdered, mutilated raped and have every kind of violent act you can think of commited against them and not batter an eyelid, yet they won't watch a movie because two fully clothed actors simulate anal sex for 15 seconds. Pathetic!

Oh hang on, maybe it's just YOU that is sad!

17th March 2006 16:17  #18

Tricky D**ky wrote: Tony DeFrancisco wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm able to accept gay couples. But I really don't want to watch the sex parts. Hopefully there will be like what Oliver Stone did with Alexander.

I find it very sad that I live in a world where people can watch people get murdered, mutilated raped and have every kind of violent act you can think of commited against them and not batter an eyelid, yet they won't watch a movie because two fully clothed actors simulate anal sex for 15 seconds. Pathetic!

Oh hang on, maybe it's just YOU that is sad!

I was going to say, of the entire running time of the film, less than a minute is them actually kissing or engaging in any kind of sexual activity. It's really not that much.

17th March 2006 22:38  #19

floyd dylan Banned Join Date: April 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 913
I wonder what it is they're going to be extending and will be worth it? Wink

20th March 2006 21:36  #20

See its on the main page now with cover art and everything.

Cover is awesome. Can't wait.

29th March 2006 5:47  #21

JamesTaylor Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: Australia Posts: 51
Isn't there a black and white cover of this, or something?
-James

3rd April 2006 21:56  #22

Slave2Horror Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: United States Posts: 116 Send a message via MSN to Slave2Horror
no I dont think so.. guess we will just have to see tomorrow!!

6th April 2006 15:16  #23

stanton heck Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,098
There will be another edition.  Its due around Christmas

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?