Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Car Receiver`s JVC KD-DV5188

Forums - Discs & Movies - Car Receiver`s JVC KD-DV5188 

27th August 2005 4:58  #1

Eddie Vicente Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Puerto Rico Posts: 1
Car Receiver`s JVC KD-DV5188
Hi!
   I`m purchased this car-dvd player from Hong Kong dealer by e-bay site. I can`t watch dvd movie because its is region 6 code, I`m from caribbean, San Juan, Puerto Rico its is region 1 USA.What can I do? please,HELP ME!!!Eddie  

27th August 2005 14:15  #2

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
If it's a hardware based player there isn't much you can do.

If it's possible to change the region coding on the player, you'd have to open it up, obtain the proper chips or re-flash the existing chips of the player with the region programming on it to match the region of the DVD. Good luck with any of that Tongue

28th August 2005 23:53  #3

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Why don't you talk to the guy who you bought it off ebay and ask them how to change the region?

29th August 2005 14:36  #4

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Didn't the player come with anything useful

5th September 2005 19:35  #5

T Blade Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1
DVD hack yet
There's a bunch of sites for JVC dvd hacks, but I haven't seen one for the KD-DV51xx series.
Probably too low demand out there. I'd like to know if you find a hack - considering getting a KD-DV5100 (Region 1), but would like to make it region free if possible.

24th October 2005 14:40  #6

Ron Rios Member Join Date: October 2005 Location: Costa Rica Posts: 1
About KD-DV5100
If you found the way to make it multizone, please let me know.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?