Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.
 
Leaderboard Extra
Charging An  Admission for a baby.

Forums - Discs & Movies - Charging An Admission for a baby. 

Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?
Additional Options These options are not required but may be useful.
Existing Posts
Tigerclaw wrote: Worst Nightmare wrote: In Australia, they actually have a morning session that is specifically for people with babies! Also, babies are free but are still given a ticket in case there is a fire and they need to know how many corpses to count...
That's funny s**t...what if all the tickets are burn with the bodies?
Lets hope that the head office has a backup of the session attendance for the evening! It is definatly true though - almost like when you travel in a plane they want you to stay in the same seat and not move so it is easier to identify the bodies...

And the phone thing, if I have an accident and lose my face due to gravel rash, then I would prefer to get my doctor straight away rather than wait after the 12 hours Lord of the Rings Extended Edition marathon that they have just sat down too....

And if people get up during the movie? Well, I can only yell at them so much while watching the bootleg VCD Wink
Couples with a baby will most definatly sue if they got refused entry.

Thankfully over here it is illegal for anybody under the required age to see a movie.
Personally, I don't need to answer a phone most times to know whether it is an emergency or not.  I don't give out the cell phone number to many people and with caller ID, you can pretty much separate people calling to chat and people that may need something.  

I think it is a little ridiculous to expect that everyone sit perfectly still and have absolutely no disruptions at all.  It just isn't possible.  If people were a bit more tolerant of other people, then everyone would have a better time.  I think people put unreasonable expectations on other people around them and that is what leads to people being disappointed with their experience.  I am not saying that there are not rude people or things that you shouldn't get worked up about, but most of what people get worked up about is just trivial.
Adrian wrote: Aaron Schneiderman wrote: Adrian wrote: ...I never turn off my cell phone, but then again it is always on vibrate.  It gives me the choice of walking out of the theater to take the call if necessary and it bothers no one...

That's simply untrue. Unless you are a physician or you absolutely need to use the toilet there is no reason to get up during a film. Most of the theaters in Arizona are stadium style seating, however, someone stumbling through a row of people to answer a non-emergency call or to get something to eat is damn rude.


That is quite simply untrue as well.  I never sit in rows with other people and generally sit on the end of the row.  Like I said it gives me the option of answering the phone if it is an emergency or sending it directly to voice mail.  Who are you to judge whether other people need to receive calls or not?


But how would you know it is an emergency unless you answer it? I dont think it's too much to ask to be cut off from the outside world for 2 hours while you watch a film. Even the lights from mobiles can be distracting in a darkened cinema. I say all phones should be all the way off...not low volume....not vibrate.....OFF.

As for the baby screenings....

We do this in the UK as well. It gets all the new parents out with their babies in one place rather than annoy regular customers at other times. Not so sure about the baby burning thing though!
Worst Nightmare wrote: In Australia, they actually have a morning session that is specifically for people with babies! Also, babies are free but are still given a ticket in case there is a fire and they need to know how many corpses to count...

That's funny s**t...what if all the tickets are burn with the bodies?
Aaron Schneiderman wrote: Adrian wrote: ...I never turn off my cell phone, but then again it is always on vibrate.  It gives me the choice of walking out of the theater to take the call if necessary and it bothers no one...

That's simply untrue. Unless you are a physician or you absolutely need to use the toilet there is no reason to get up during a film. Most of the theaters in Arizona are stadium style seating, however, someone stumbling through a row of people to answer a non-emergency call or to get something to eat is damn rude.


That is quite simply untrue as well.  I never sit in rows with other people and generally sit on the end of the row.  Like I said it gives me the option of answering the phone if it is an emergency or sending it directly to voice mail.  Who are you to judge whether other people need to receive calls or not?
Adrian wrote: ...I never turn off my cell phone, but then again it is always on vibrate.  It gives me the choice of walking out of the theater to take the call if necessary and it bothers no one...

That's simply untrue. Unless you are a physician or you absolutely need to use the toilet there is no reason to get up during a film. Most of the theaters in Arizona are stadium style seating, however, someone stumbling through a row of people to answer a non-emergency call or to get something to eat is damn rude.
In Australia, they actually have a morning session that is specifically for people with babies! Also, babies are free but are still given a ticket in case there is a fire and they need to know how many corpses to count...
Adrian wrote:
Oh, on your point Mal, there are really no movies where it is illegal to take anyone.  Of course, there are NC-17, but no one shows them.


It is illegal in the UK. If a film is a 15 or 18 certificate then only people older than that age are allowed in, regardless of parental consent. Its one thing that does work in our favour - no 13 year olds in horror movies giggling away.....and no babies!
the theater I go to doesn't allow kids under 3 PERIOD!...and kids under 18 arent allowed without there parent on fri and sat I think all of the theaters need these rules!
If you can swing the times Aaron, try the twilight shows (in the 5-6 pm range here in Florida).  There are rarely anyone in these showings.  The late showings here are packed with kids just out of the teen years, but with all the bad habits of teenagers.

I never turn off my cell phone, but then again it is always on vibrate.  It gives me the choice of walking out of the theater to take the call if necessary and it bothers no one.  (Well, except for the one time when I was sitting two close to the metal part of the chair and the vibrating went through the whole row of seats!)

Oh, on your point Mal, there are really no movies where it is illegal to take anyone.  Of course, there are NC-17, but no one shows them.
Babies should not be allowed in movie theaters. PERIOD. Hire a babysitter or wait for the DVD. People are getting incredibly rude and selfish. It seems that fewer people consider other theater goers when they talk, fail to turn off cell phones or bring babies and unruly infants into a theater. It seems like I am always sitting near the guy that has to get up in the middle of the movie to feed his face. He returns with a handful of nachos, stumbles over everyone in the dark, sits down and begins to ask the burning question: "What did I miss?" I go to very late showings trying to avoid this c**p. I am going to the cineplex less and less these days. I prefer my friends and the home theater to a group of loud and obnoxious people. They need to bring back ushers.
Mal
Final Destination 3 has a 15 rating here, so someone would be breaking the law if they took a baby in to watch it. Suppose that's a rare positive point for the BBFC. Wink
wow,stanton your theater sucks, every show has either teens or babies,lol, However I concur it does suck when a baby is crying but hey what can you do?
The person with the baby was just plain rude. But it shouldn't be held against all people with babies. People should be allowed to take babies in under the strict condition that if they baby cries they have to leave immediately until the baby quietens down. Most of the time babies sleep throughout the films anyway. As Adrian said they're not there to watch the film.
Probably not going to be a deterent.  An adult ticket is cheaper than a babysitter any day of the week.  People only bring kids because they can't afford or find a babysitter.  They don't bring the kids because they enjoy the movies!
Charging An Admission for a baby.
Admit it- you don't want to be in an Airplane with a crying baby- so why would want to see a movie with a crying baby?  We saw "FINAL DESTINATION 3" and a couple brought in there baby.  Of course it cried and cried! That is why I think to discourage people from bringing in a baby they should be charged for an adult admission.