Leaderboard Extra
Curse of the Black Pearl - Blu-Ray - £7.99!!

Forums - Discs & Movies - Curse of the Black Pearl - Blu-Ray - £7.99!! 

1st December 2007 11:48  #1

Nic Mall Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,202 Send a message via MSN to Nic Mall
Curse of the Black Pearl - Blu-Ray - £7.99!!
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.p...

One per person, but WOW!
Wrong forum, I know but no one reads the other one and thought you'd actually like to know about this. Happy

1st December 2007 14:37  #2

Cervantes Member Join Date: November 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 172
Thanks for flagging that up Nic, and that is indeed a very good price.  I for one, STILL check out the 'General Chat' forum now and then, just in case there's a 'nugget' that I've missed, but think it's contents could just as easily be lumped into a single 'whole' HERE.  

2nd December 2007 21:17  #3

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,123 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Wouldn't be the general chat forum, but the bargains one.

3rd December 2007 15:56  #4

Cervantes Member Join Date: November 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 172
I stand corrected Chris, and also stand by my previous comment... Wink

3rd December 2007 19:27  #5

Nic Mall Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,202 Send a message via MSN to Nic Mall
Woo! Posted. Happy

4th December 2007 7:58  #6

m@tt Member Join Date: October 2007 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 551
A bit steep even if it were for the complete trilogy don't you think?

5th December 2007 22:19  #7

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
They're not flogging this cheap because to the framing issue are they. Does anyone know if the UK BD's are affected with this or just the U.S? I haven't checked mine yet but my gut feeling is that the UK one's will have the cropped framing problems as all territories seem to be using the same masters. Ocean's 13 has an FBI warning.

6th December 2007 8:35  #8

Whats the FBI warning on Ocean's 13 got to do with the cropping on the PotC?

6th December 2007 11:48  #9

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,123 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
I think he's saying that studios aren't making different masters for different territories, like they do with DVD. A lot of BD/HD titles have US ratings FBI warnings etc. I have the first two (freebies), but wouldn't know what the framing was supposed to look like in the first place. They take a friggin' age to load as well.

7th December 2007 16:57  #10

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
I've checked Curse and it does indee look like the UKBD has the framing issues detailed on other sites. However, without making excuses for Disney (it is still a balls up by them) the shots that are slightly too high when the film is playing go pretty much unnoticed. They're very quick handheld shots and they're honestly not enough of an issue for me at least to warrant seeking out replacements for.

And yes Chris, that is indeed what I was meaning regarding the FBI warnings and single masters.

7th December 2007 18:28  #11

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
That's a good price, especially for you Brits. You guys sure do get ripped off with the prices of most things - we do in Canada too, but not as severely. Here you can get it for about £11.75 or about $24 from Amazon.com, although in stores in Canada it'll prob be $35 - $40.

FBI Warnings? What does that have to do with anything? Fear they'll fly over there and you'll arrested or something? lol

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?