Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.
 
Leaderboard Extra
Favourite film of all time?

Forums - Discs & Movies - Favourite film of all time? 

23rd November 2005 19:23  #31

TWIN Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: France Posts: 12
Favorite movies : Blade runner, The return of the king, The Empire strikes back, Batman returns, Citizen Kane, Notorious, Bubba ho-tep, Evil dead 2, Terminator 2, The exorcist...

Favorite 2005 movies : Revenge of the Sith, The life aquatic with Steve Zissou, Million dollar baby, Wallace & Gromit, Howl's moving castle, The descent, Batman begins, War of the worlds, The corpse bride...

23rd November 2005 20:42  #32

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
TWIN wrote: Favorite movies : Blade runner, The return of the king, The Empire strikes back, Batman returns, Citizen Kane, Notorious, Bubba ho-tep, Evil dead 2, Terminator 2, The exorcist...

Favorite 2005 movies : Revenge of the Sith, The life aquatic with Steve Zissou, Million dollar baby, Wallace & Gromit, Howl's moving castle, The descent, Batman begins, War of the worlds, The corpse bride...
Life Aquatic was released in 2004

23rd November 2005 23:59  #33

Adam K Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 247
OK, new 2005 favorite: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was SO awesome...although its kidna funny because all of my friends except 1 hates this film "because they cut too much out." Bah-humbug! lol

24th November 2005 0:17  #34

Jude Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 26 Send a message via MSN to Jude
Harry rocked...will miss him when the little one goes. Still reading book 6 and I still dont know who's dead. Been living in lala land it's great. The 4th film was by far the best cant wait to see the DVD package. Any idea when it's out?

P.S. how do you get pics on your signature?

24th November 2005 1:30  #35

Adam K Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 247
You get pics in your siggy by finding the image you want, putting  [ img ] URL HERE [ /img ] (minus the spaces) and you've got an image. (If that's confusing, sorry...but its also in the "ActiveCode" thingy) And yah, Harry was great. And it will be sad when they end the series...books and movies, but at least for movies, it isnt until at least 2010 by their current pattern. I'll be graduating high school! AAAHHH! lol. Anyways, HP4 will probably come out this summer (ugh, why so long?) and I'm sure the package art will look very similar to the main poster art, but there will be differences...judging by the last 3 releases.

24th November 2005 10:26  #36

TWIN Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: France Posts: 12
Tony DeFrancisco wrote: TWIN wrote: Favorite movies : Blade runner, The return of the king, The Empire strikes back, Batman returns, Citizen Kane, Notorious, Bubba ho-tep, Evil dead 2, Terminator 2, The exorcist...

Favorite 2005 movies : Revenge of the Sith, The life aquatic with Steve Zissou, Million dollar baby, Wallace & Gromit, Howl's moving castle, The descent, Batman begins, War of the worlds, The corpse bride...
Life Aquatic was released in 2004

In France it was in 2005 Wink

24th November 2005 23:53  #37

E. Costigan Senior Member Join Date: January 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 1,026
Yay, I like the popularity this thread as gained Wink

My #2 of 2005 is now Jarhead. It simply proves that war is hell, whether you're actually fighting or not.

25th November 2005 1:31  #38

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
Eliason A. wrote: Yay, I like the popularity this thread as gained Wink

My #2 of 2005 is now Jarhead. It simply proves that war is hell, whether you're actually fighting or not.

Jarhead just barely missed My Top 10 of the year,
here's my Top 10 of the year BTW:
 1. Capote
2. Grizzly Man
3. Enron
4. The Squid and The Whale
5. Kung Fu Hustle
6. A History Of Violence
7. Good Night, and Good Luck
8. Broken Flowers
9. Thumbsucker
10. Junebug

Honorable mentions:
Jarhead
Everything is Illuminated
Hustle and Flow
Walk The Line
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Millions

25th November 2005 15:52  #39

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
I'm surprised to see that Crash didn't even make the honorable mention.

I just saw Walk the Line and so far it is the most enjoyable movie that I have seen.  Unfortunately, it will be saddled with comparisons to Ray.  I liked Walk the Line better, mainly because Joaquin and Reese actually sang their parts instead of lipsyncing.

25th November 2005 15:54  #40

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Tony DeFrancisco wrote: TWIN wrote: Favorite movies : Blade runner, The return of the king, The Empire strikes back, Batman returns, Citizen Kane, Notorious, Bubba ho-tep, Evil dead 2, Terminator 2, The exorcist...

Favorite 2005 movies : Revenge of the Sith, The life aquatic with Steve Zissou, Million dollar baby, Wallace & Gromit, Howl's moving castle, The descent, Batman begins, War of the worlds, The corpse bride...
Life Aquatic was released in 2004


As were Million Dollar Baby and Howl's Moving Castle.

26th November 2005 4:14  #41

Bob "the film man" Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: United States Posts: 258
My favorite film of the year, and of all time are the same: Revenge of the Sith. Yes, I realize some of the dialogue isn't that great, but I just enjoyed the way the saga was wrapped. Besides, I am a lifelong fan of Star Wars. Call me crazy if you will. Behind the other Star Wars films, I would have to say Return of the King and Halloween, oh and Harry Potter can't be forgotten can he?

26th November 2005 4:37  #42

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
Adrian wrote: I'm surprised to see that Crash didn't even make the honorable mention.

I just saw Walk the Line and so far it is the most enjoyable movie that I have seen.  Unfortunately, it will be saddled with comparisons to Ray.  I liked Walk the Line better, mainly because Joaquin and Reese actually sang their parts instead of lipsyncing.

I liked Crash,
but the message eventually became too obvious,
it's a well done film,
but it's not even close to To Kill A Mockingbird and Do The Right Thing.

26th November 2005 4:52  #43

E. Costigan Senior Member Join Date: January 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 1,026
Very diverse lists, Jonathan. If people would pay attention, they'd actually know that you already explained your opinion on Crash. Sheeh.

Myself, I don't have mad love for it but I definitely enjoyed it and objectively, it's one of the best films of this year.

Here's my Top 10 and Top 5 Honourable Mentions. Keep in mind, I'm saving all the limited release hits and docs for DVD.

1.) War of the Worlds
2.) Jarhead
3.) Four Brothers
4.) The Island
5.) Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
6.) Batman Begins
7.) The Constant Gardener
8.) Mr. & Mrs. Smith
9.) Kingdom of Heaven
10.) The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Honourable Mentions:

11.) Crash
12.) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
13.) Lord of War
14.) The Transporter 2
15.) The Longest Yard
Page Number: 1 [2]

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?