Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Hitachi P505 DVD Player - playing in black and white

Forums - Discs & Movies - Hitachi P505 DVD Player - playing in black and white 

23rd October 2005 17:13  #1

Leigh Salkeld Member Join Date: October 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 2
Hitachi P505 DVD Player - playing in black and white
hi - I'm hoping someone out there has a Hitachi P505 and can help with what is hopefully a simple question.  I just picked up this DVD player second hand with no instructions.  Now I'm setting it up and for some reason it only plays in black and white.  Does anyone know if this is just needs a simple adjustment please and, if so, how I go about doing this?

Many thanks for any help people can give.

Leigh

23rd October 2005 18:39  #2

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Did it come with anything useful?

23rd October 2005 20:19  #3

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Sounds more like a cabling or connection problem than a problem with the player.

23rd October 2005 21:15  #4

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
could be a setting in the player. I have a samsung that for some reason has a black and white playback feature. Go through the menu's and look to see if you have some kind of playback method that alludes to it.

You can always surf the UK branch of the Hitachi site to find instructions or support.

24th October 2005 5:59  #5

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
I suspect you are palying an NTSC disc in it and possibly your TV is not NTSC compatible - is this the case? What disc are you trying, are they NTSC and hold old and what brand is you TV?

27th October 2005 11:24  #6

Leigh Salkeld Member Join Date: October 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 2
Thanks for your suggestions guys.  It does not seem to be a cabling problem as it uses just a single scart lead running from the player to the TV.  I tried 2 different leads and both TV scart sockets.  It is the DVD player rather than the disk as the logo appears in black and white before I load any disc and anyway I've tried multiple discs now.  I've gone through every permutation of set up that I can see which made no change.  Then finally I followed up with Hitachi and downloaded the instruction manual but this says nothing about troubleshooting for a B+W picture.

So thanks again for your help but I think I'll just have to put this one down to experience!

Leigh

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?