Leaderboard Extra
Independence Day: The Definitive Edition 28/5/07

Forums - Discs & Movies - Independence Day: The Definitive Edition 28/5/07 

1st May 2007 12:24  #1

demiscy Member Join Date: April 2006 Location: Cyprus Posts: 589
Independence Day: The Definitive Edition 28/5/07
Independence Day: The Definitive Edition R2

One of the biggest box office hits of all time delivers the ultimate encounter when mysterious and powerful aliens launch an all-out invasion against the human race.

The spectacle begins when massive spaceships appear in Earth's skies. But wonder turns to terror as the ships blast destructive beams of fire down on cities all over the planet.

Now the world's only hope lies with a determined band of survivors, uniting for one last strike against the invaders - before it's the end of mankind.

1st May 2007 14:21  #2

Dustin Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: United States Posts: 553 Send a message via AIM to Dustin
This movie had so much going for it until they took down the aliens with a virus uploaded by a Mac.

I acknowledge that Macs are capable of such a feat.... but with a virus? Bah. Mac's don't get viruses. Happy Happy Happy

1st May 2007 14:57  #3

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
That cover's awful! Who made that thing?

The U.S. one is much better, Blue and nice!

1st May 2007 15:18  #4

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,113 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Dustin wrote: I acknowledge that Macs are capable of such a feat.... but with a virus? Bah. Mac's don't get viruses. Happy Happy Happy

That's because so few people use them no one can be arsed to write any.

1st May 2007 15:45  #5

scottmck Contributor Join Date: April 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 393
I know what you mean Dustin, the virus device pushes it a bit far but I still love this film.  It's just one of the biggest films ever and the odd dodgy shot aside, still holds up more than 10 years on.

Looks like it might come in a nice metal case as well Cool

1st May 2007 17:37  #6

Dustin Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: United States Posts: 553 Send a message via AIM to Dustin
Chris, I was just kidding.

But seriously now... Happy

1st May 2007 18:23  #7

Nic Mall Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,202 Send a message via MSN to Nic Mall
Dustin wrote: T
I acknowledge that Macs are capable of such a feat.... but with a virus? Bah. Mac's don't get viruses. Happy Happy Happy

Not wanting to nitpick your nitpicking but the alien ship isn't a Mac...so technically (in a Hollywood alien invasion America saves the world as usual movie type of way) the ship could be infected. The Mac wasn't infected....only used to transfer the file.

1st May 2007 19:10  #8

Gunsprout Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 171
Erm... technically advanced creatures from another planet and their computers are even compatible with ours?!?

I can't even get half the stuff in my pc to work with the other half. Although that is Microsoft for you...

1st May 2007 19:30  #9

Nic Mall Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,202 Send a message via MSN to Nic Mall
It's not going to be bang on accurate is it? I mean come on, America saves the world! You don't have to get any more far fetched than that.

1st May 2007 22:02  #10

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,113 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Dustin wrote: Chris, I was just kidding.

But seriously now... Happy

I did  kinda get that.

1st May 2007 22:22  #11

scottmck wrote: I know what you mean Dustin, the virus device pushes it a bit far but I still love this film.  It's just one of the biggest films ever and the odd dodgy shot aside, still holds up more than 10 years on.

Looks like it might come in a nice metal case as well Cool

Yeap all Definite editions come in a Steel Box

2nd May 2007 15:57  #12

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Nic Mall wrote: It's not going to be bang on accurate is it? I mean come on, America saves the world! You don't have to get any more far fetched than that. I always hoped for realism in my Sci-Fi Wink

2nd May 2007 16:04  #13

Oh, right Nic. What are you guys gonna do? Throw your tea at the aliens and hope they go away? No. You'll be calling America asking if you can borrow Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum and a G3 Macintosh laptop. Happy

(Please no one take this post too seriously.)

2nd May 2007 16:11  #14

I'm just waiting for £ukasz D to wade in...

2nd May 2007 19:35  #15

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
He's just strapping his waders on as we speak.

Will Smith is for make eveil tyranny on alien which are really illegal alieens. Jeff Golblum and Harvey Fierstein represnt Jew Gay regime that always oppress blah blah balh...

Stuff like that.

2nd May 2007 23:17  #16

Dustin wrote: Oh, right Nic. What are you guys gonna do? Throw your tea at the aliens and hope they go away? No. You'll be calling America asking if you can borrow Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum and a G3 Macintosh laptop. Happy

I was just thinking they have trouble finding a 70 odd year old mental guy hiding in some cave, and Aliens with ships the size of cities might be a bit beyond them. Happy
But don't worry, if those bloody aliens get to be too much trouble us brits will be there to climb up the yanks arses and give em' what for!!
Tally ho!
Wink

2nd May 2007 23:42  #17

Jersey Jedi Member Join Date: August 2004 Location: United States Posts: 714
Is there anyone else out there who feels it would be a great idea to change the American national anthem to the them from "Team America"? I'll get the petition goin.

"AMEEEERRRRIIICA! F**K YEAH!" - Classy

3rd May 2007 10:23  #18

Dustin wrote: Oh, right Nic. What are you guys gonna do? Throw your tea at the aliens and hope they go away? No. You'll be calling America asking if you can borrow Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum and a G3 Macintosh laptop. Happy

Nah Dustin, the yanks would just kill the Brits by accident and sell the aliens more weapons Wink

3rd May 2007 12:26  #19

Heh

3rd May 2007 12:54  #20

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
And the Aussies will still thrash the Brits in Cricket... Happy

3rd May 2007 14:37  #21

Worst Nightmare wrote: And the Aussies will still thrash the Brits in Cricket... Happy

Don't really like cricket, you keep that and we'll have the footie.  Oh hang on a minute, we're c**p at that as well...

I'm sure this thread was about a movie or something.

3rd May 2007 18:06  #22

Gunsprout Member Join Date: March 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 171
scottmck wrote: Nah Dustin, the yanks would just kill the Brits by accident and sell the aliens more weapons Wink

How about we get the aliens to ally themselves with the Americans? 5 minutes of friendly fire and problem solved... Wink

4th May 2007 15:14  #23

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Hmmmm...the old fox 5 star edition pretty much WAS definitive. It even had the fake news footage included. I can't imagine what more they could include.

13th May 2007 22:17  #24

Maybe they improved the video quality and/or sound ?

cancelled!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/35/49/-/3317855/I...

14th May 2007 15:26  #25

cancelled? I have seen this in our local DVD stores...

15th May 2007 6:36  #26

the Steelbook ?
we're talking about the new R2 edition

15th May 2007 12:50  #27

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I've just sold my scabby 1 disc version!
ARRRRRRRRRGGHHH NIC SMAAASSH!

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?