Leaderboard Extra
Jarhead (2005)

Forums - Discs & Movies - Jarhead (2005) 

18th August 2005 4:23  #1

E. Costigan Senior Member Join Date: January 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 1,026
Jarhead (2005)
Anyone see the brand new teaser trailer? It was released on the net on Friday and I saw it with Four Brothers this weekend. Also, I heard it can be seen with showtimes of The Great Raid.

By now, I must have seen the teaser 10 times. Now, I'm not a fan of war films (for personal reasons, and no I'm not anti-Bush), in fact, I've only seen We Were Soldiers, but the teaser blew me away. With such a stellar cast of Jamie Foxx, Jake Gylenhaal, Peter Saragard, Chris Cooper, and more names, along with Sam Mendes as director, it looks like any movie fan can anticipate this film.

Now, I understand the Oscar buzz it has already been recieving and in my opinion, it and The New World are the two front runners so far. Watch that teaser now, if you haven't yet.

PS - Notice how I finally got that damn avatar to work. Very Happy

18th August 2005 4:58  #2

- - Senior Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 594
The trailer looks like a long gloryfying ad for new recruits.

18th August 2005 19:19  #3

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,405 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Quote: Originally posted by Danny Boy
The trailer looks like a long gloryfying ad for new recruits.

The movie is the complete opposite.

18th August 2005 20:31  #4

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Hmmmm, I always notice that movies based on subjects that are still being played out in real life usually suck.

Although Eliason, if you're looking to broaden your horizon's a bit, check out HBO's Band of Brothers. That's top notch. Very Happy

18th August 2005 21:07  #5

floyd dylan Banned Join Date: April 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 913
There's a lot of anti war movies going around, it's strange because you have Fox banging on about how important the war in Iraq is etc.

Yet Stealth and now Jarhead are being made and are anti war, with Americans being the baddies.

It seems that there seems to be a battle in Hollywood when it comes to war now, unlike the 70s where nearly every film was anti war, or a statement against America’s involvement in Vietnam.

18th August 2005 22:05  #6

rob murray Member Join Date: November 2004 Location: United States Posts: 477
Quote: Originally posted by Jonny "Me You"
Hmmmm, I always notice that movies based on subjects that are still being played out in real life usually suck.

Although Eliason, if you're looking to broaden your horizon's a bit, check out HBO's Band of Brothers. That's top notch. Very Happy

oooooh BoB.... I know what ill be watching again this weekend

18th August 2005 23:04  #7

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
I just saw the commerical. I don't think it can win for best picture. Maybe best actor and director though

19th August 2005 0:47  #8

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,405 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
The director already got his Oscar, I'm sick of the same people winning over and over. This film is based on the FIRST gulfwar, by the way. I don't see how it could possibly be any better than Three Kings.

19th August 2005 1:12  #9

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Quote: Originally posted by Gabriel Powers
The director already got his Oscar, I'm sick of the same people winning over and over. This film is based on the FIRST gulfwar, by the way. I don't see how it could possibly be any better than Three Kings.

You must HATE the Emmy "Awards", like me. Very Happy

And the first one, well there ya go!

19th August 2005 3:10  #10

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Quote: Originally posted by Eliason A.
PS - Notice how I finally got that damn avatar to work. Very Happy
Nice avatar Eliason.

19th August 2005 3:16  #11

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny "Me You"

Thanks Jonny, I've heard it's awesome.

Quote: Originally posted by Tony DeFrancisco
Nice avatar Eliason.

Thanks very much, Tony.

If you'll check out my new movie site, you'll be able to see the same picture with a cool black banner around it, like Jonny's latest avatar (which is awesome, by the way, Jonny Very Happy ). Just click my "Homepage" button.

But do that sometime on Friday. I think today's damn Bandwidth just expired...

20th August 2005 7:07  #12

Bump.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?