Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Scarecrows (1988)

Forums - Discs & Movies - Scarecrows (1988) 

11th February 2006 18:48  #1

Darren Russell Member Join Date: June 2004 Location: United States Posts: 208
Scarecrows (1988)
Hey, since you guys are such a wealth of information on here, does anyone know if the horror movie Scarecrows is available in DVD?

Premise/Plot: Thieves rob a bank(I think) and crashland near a farm where the scarecrows in the field are possessed by the farmer and his sons, and they then proceed to pick off the thieves one by one.

11th February 2006 18:55  #2

DarthElektra Member Join Date: February 2006 Location: United States Posts: 97
Sounds like a cool movie.

12th February 2006 16:06  #3

Although it wasn't what many consider a "big-budget" or "mainstream" film, I enjoyed it.  I came across it in a video store actually, and rented it.  
I have it on video, but I'd rather have a copy on DVD.
There are other movies along a similar vein over the years, but they were nowhere as good as this one.

12th February 2006 21:13  #4

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,477 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I've been waiting on a R1 DVD release for a while, I just want to rent it, y'know, just to see it once. It has some pretty high credentials in the horror film community.

13th February 2006 2:26  #5

Does anyone know the distributor?  I'd like to ask them if a release is inevitable.

16th March 2007 18:51  #6

Goon Member Join Date: June 2006 Location: United States Posts: 51
MGM owns the rights to it now.. So who knows when we may see it again.. Make sure they do the transfer from the unrated cut too beause word is that the R rated version is cut to s**t..

18th March 2007 0:42  #7

Goon wrote: MGM owns the rights to it now.. So who knows when we may see it again.. Make sure they do the transfer from the unrated cut too beause word is that the R rated version is cut to s**t..

Thanks! I found a couple of copies on Ebay.

21st March 2007 11:33  #8

lee_eel Member Join Date: March 2007 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 9
no region 2 either.  Shame, i remember seeing this when i was around 10 or 11 and it was pretty creepy at the time.  Having said that so was worzel gummidge!!

21st March 2007 23:46  #9

you should check ebay.  there were a couple of them on there from the U.K.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?