Leaderboard Extra
Spider-Man Poster

Forums - Discs & Movies - Spider-Man Poster 

24th February 2006 22:15  #1

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Spider-Man Poster
In case people haven't seen it, Sony has put out a teaser poster for Spider Man 3, showing Spidey in a black suit.

Teaser

24th February 2006 22:40  #2

MGR Member Join Date: February 2006 Location: United States Posts: 94
I truly hope that the black suit is only temporary

24th February 2006 22:53  #3

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I'm excited because I think Venom is a great villian, but his current back story is more than a little lame, I'm hoping that the rumors are all true and Tohper Grace will be playing a younger, entirely different version of Spiderman's doppleganger (not to be confused with his ACTUAL doppleganger, who's a lame villian all around).

25th February 2006 0:37  #4

Tigerclaw Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 493 Send a message via MSN to Tigerclaw
Looks like Spidey is wearing his Alien costume just like vol.1 #252...but not quite.

25th February 2006 1:16  #5

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
If this is not just a stylized pic, I have lost respect for Sam Raimi. The classic Spider-man look should be maintained just as Superman's costume has remained faithful to its original incarnation. I can handle some updating....  but this sucks. This is all because of the Tim Burton Batman and Bryan Singer X-men costumes. Its ridiculous to think only black or gray looks cool.

25th February 2006 1:58  #6

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I disagree, I'm all for changing the look of a character for the big screen. And you can't lose all respect for one little costume choice, look at how bad (and unfaithful) the Green Goblin looked when those first picks popped up, Raimi made that work.

25th February 2006 2:41  #7

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Wait a minute...it's all starting to make sense...conservative, living in Phoenix, and now concerned with Spider-Man's black costume...

Aaron Schneiderman is an alias for Todd McFarlane isn't it!!

Dude you're a bazillionare, why are you slumming it with us?

And you were a d**k to me when I met you at the Phoenix Comic Con in 1994.



(Wink)

25th February 2006 8:04  #8

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
Ummmm...  I wish I was Todd MacFarlane. I live in his neighborhood but I lack his resources. But I apologize for the way I treated you.

25th February 2006 8:08  #9

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
Gabe Powers wrote: ...look at how bad (and unfaithful) the Green Goblin looked when those first picks popped up, Raimi made that work.

I hope your tongue is pressed firmly against the inside of your cheek 'cause that Green Goblin looked like a reject from the Power Rangers. it was the only thing I hated about the original Spider-man.

25th February 2006 9:20  #10

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Wow, in his neighborhood, I was pretty close then. Man I'm actually missing Phoenix right about now, it's very cold here, it'll pass though, I'll just remeber those years of commuting across the city in the dead of summer with no A/C, dry heaving and wearing gloves to avoid burning my hands on the wheel.

I said Raimi made it work, I didn't say anything about it not looking like a Power Ranger reject Wink

25th February 2006 9:56  #11

rob murray Member Join Date: November 2004 Location: United States Posts: 477
Gabe Powers wrote: I'm excited because I think Venom is a great villian, but his current back story is more than a little lame, I'm hoping that the rumors are all true and Tohper Grace will be playing a younger, entirely different version of Spiderman's doppleganger (not to be confused with his ACTUAL doppleganger, who's a lame villian all around).

You mean the six armed thing from the Infinity Wars that used to run with the Hobgoblin for a while until they finally killed it for like the fourth time?

25th February 2006 11:31  #12

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
I'm sire Raimi will make it work - thought the first one was pretty good (mind you MR Dafoe did a great job) and number 2 was ok. They were both good for the 'leave life behind at the door, grab some popcorn and relax' type of thing

25th February 2006 12:15  #13

Donnie_Darko Banned Join Date: January 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 352
Spider-Man 2 was wayyy better then 1

25th February 2006 14:04  #14

floyd dylan Banned Join Date: April 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 913
They will stick to the original suit, the only reason he's wearing black is because it's an alien organism which boosts up Spider-man's super powers.

I'm only going by the animated series, and not sure how closely it follows the comic books, but I think Brock looses his job, his girlfriend and other things and blames Spider-man for causing his life to fall apart, and he accidently stumbles across the alien organism (after Spider-man finds out that the organism is afraid of extreme noises), which turns Brock in to an alternative version of Spider-man called Venom.

25th February 2006 14:58  #15

Danny Storr Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 161
Gabe Powers wrote: I'm excited because I think Venom is a great villian, but his current back story is more than a little lame, I'm hoping that the rumors are all true and Tohper Grace will be playing a younger, entirely different version of Spiderman's doppleganger (not to be confused with his ACTUAL doppleganger, who's a lame villian all around).


I agree it is (The picture) exciting and also agree with what you say about the very lame back story of Venom, but I love the Alien Symbiote spider-man and wouldn`t mind if Raimi went in this direction but hopefully this doesn`t lead to the introduction of Venom which I know loads of Fans want but would IMO make the series start looking a little stupid...

25th February 2006 16:01  #16

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
rob murray wrote: Gabe Powers wrote: I'm excited because I think Venom is a great villian, but his current back story is more than a little lame, I'm hoping that the rumors are all true and Tohper Grace will be playing a younger, entirely different version of Spiderman's doppleganger (not to be confused with his ACTUAL doppleganger, who's a lame villian all around).

You mean the six armed thing from the Infinity Wars that used to run with the Hobgoblin for a while until they finally killed it for like the fourth time?


Yeah, that's the one.

25th February 2006 18:48  #17

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
I think the teaser poster is great. And Donnie_Darko, I do think the first Spider-Man was better than the second one, since the first one was more original. I do like the whole train fight on the second film, but what can beat the whole Times Square scene, when it comes to Spider-Man?

26th February 2006 14:47  #18

Cheddar J. Cheese Member Join Date: October 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 1,492
As much as I hope Venom shows up, I have a different theory: Perhaps he's wearing the suit as a sign of mourning, someone close to him has died (again) because of what he is and what he's become. I hope that the 6 films are planned because there are too many characters introduced that become major threats later on that many (including myself) would find irresponsable not to cover.

Note that these movies are similar to the original concept of the "Batman 'Trilogy'" (He does, he retires, he realises the world needs him)

26th February 2006 20:06  #19

vanchimera Member Join Date: February 2006 Location: Canada Posts: 2
Guh
Aaron Schneiderman wrote: If this is not just a stylized pic, I have lost respect for Sam Raimi. The classic Spider-man look should be maintained just as Superman's costume has remained faithful to its original incarnation. I can handle some updating....  but this sucks. This is all because of the Tim Burton Batman and Bryan Singer X-men costumes. Its ridiculous to think only black or gray looks cool.

He's not updating the costume, Jesus.  It's a part of the story.

26th February 2006 21:10  #20

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I actually quite dig your concept Chedder, don't think it'll come true, but like it anyway.

27th February 2006 3:42  #21

H.L. Devil Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United States Posts: 10
I like the character design for all the characters we've seen in Spiderman so far. Not to slam the old designs, but I think the new ones are better for the big screen and for our modern sensabilities. I like the black suit shot, and I think it's an effective teaser. If there was some contrived reason that Spiderman suddenly decided to just wear a black suit, I would agree with the criticisms, but it's not.

27th February 2006 15:36  #22

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Guh
vanchimera wrote: Aaron Schneiderman wrote: If this is not just a stylized pic, I have lost respect for Sam Raimi. The classic Spider-man look should be maintained just as Superman's costume has remained faithful to its original incarnation. I can handle some updating....  but this sucks. This is all because of the Tim Burton Batman and Bryan Singer X-men costumes. Its ridiculous to think only black or gray looks cool.

He's not updating the costume, Jesus.  It's a part of the story.


Damn, someone beat me to it.  I had a subscription to Spider-man comics when I was a kid and actually had the series where he discovers the sembiotic suit.  Too bad I don't still have them.  It's also a great crossover to the Fantastic Four, but since Spider-man and Fantastic Four are done by different movie companies, I don't see it happening.

27th February 2006 20:09  #23

Arellium Member Join Date: January 2006 Location: United States Posts: 136
If they are going to use the symbiote, I don't see how they are going to do it without a lot of CGI.

27th February 2006 20:39  #24

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,111 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
You're talking about the Secret Wars. I have all the issues of both Secret Wars and Secret Wars II, and they rule.

27th February 2006 21:52  #25

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I'm assuming that they won't introduce the alien element to the suit (which I'm more than OK with), and the suit will be made in an earth lab. Maybe Dr. Conners can have something to do with it.

27th February 2006 23:00  #26

Matt Contributor Join Date: October 2004 Location: United States Posts: 2,113
Oh come on now, Chris, you have to admit Secret Wars II was pretty lame if it didn't out and out suck. Secret Wars rocked though, best limited series I think Marvel has ever done.

3rd March 2006 20:54  #27

Arellium Member Join Date: January 2006 Location: United States Posts: 136
Gabe Powers wrote: I'm assuming that they won't introduce the alien element to the suit (which I'm more than OK with), and the suit will be made in an earth lab. Maybe Dr. Conners can have something to do with it.

They did that in Ultimate Spiderman. Peter's Father and Eddie Brock's father created the symbiote in a lab.

3rd March 2006 22:02  #28

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,456 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
yeah, my comic book fan buddy was trying to explain that t me.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?