Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Summer 2009

Forums - Discs & Movies - Summer 2009 

31st May 2008 23:26  #1

Tigerclaw Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 493 Send a message via MSN to Tigerclaw
Summer 2009
Iron Man was a big hit and The Dark Knight will probably end Summer with a Boom.

Which 2009 movie are you looking forward to the most?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Transformers 2
Watchmen
G.I. Joe
Witchblade

31st May 2008 23:49  #2

Andrewr05 Member Join Date: December 2007 Location: United States Posts: 172 Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewr05
Its a toss up between Transformers and Xmen for me.

The first Transformer movie really wasn't that great in the storyline department but the visuals were pure badasery, I can only hope that the 2nd one improves on the story arch a bit and keeps the same awesome visuals.

As for Xmen, I'm a huge fan of the movies (not so much the cartoons or comics) and Wolverine is/was my favorite character so it will be pretty kickass to see a movie based on him.

1st June 2008 1:57  #3

Cheddar J. Cheese Member Join Date: October 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 1,492
So far for me in 2009, it's Watchmen, Shutter Island and Star Trek.

Not a huge X-Men fan, but I'll probably see Wolverine. Transformers 1 was bad enough, no need to see a 2.

1st June 2008 2:31  #4

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,085 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Maybe for Transformers 2 they could make the robots look a little less like someone threw up a load of polygons all over the screen. Oh, and hiring a decent writer/director might not be a bad idea.

1st June 2008 5:18  #5

Jersey Jedi Member Join Date: August 2004 Location: United States Posts: 714
Who Watches the Watchmen?

This guy!!!

2nd June 2008 0:16  #6

jmcclane 88 Member Join Date: September 2006 Location: Ireland Posts: 466
Star Trek is one I'm really looking forward to. I really hope Terminator Salvation is something to be excited about.

This might be a longshot but fingers crossed for Ghostbusters 3. PLEASE!!!!

23rd June 2008 4:57  #7

I think the closest we're gonna get to a third Ghostbusters movie is the new game coming out (which I think is supposed to a sequel of sorts anyways...)

I may go see the new Terminator film... But to me, the series ended with Judgment Day, so yeah...

Also to add to my list:
The Wolf Man
Angels & Demons
The Lovely Bones
Fantastic Mr. Fox
A Christmas Carol
Lincoln (if it gets made)

24th June 2008 3:28  #8

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Im headed to comic-con in a month. Hoping to see some GI JOE footage.

24th June 2008 5:06  #9

GRZA Member Join Date: December 2005 Location: United States Posts: 89
My top 10 most anticipated bigtime movies for 09...

Watchmen
Valkyre
The Box
Monsters vs. Aliens
Wolverine
Terminator Salvation
Transformers 2
Land of the Lost
Where the Wild Things Are

24th June 2008 17:40  #10

Jonny "Me You" wrote: Im headed to comic-con in a month. Hoping to see some GI JOE footage.

Whatever you do, do NOT miss the Watchmen panel. Considering how stunning Snyder's 300 panel/video was, I get the feeling that it's going to be the best thing in the show.
And if you're a LOST fan, you have to stop by that. Cuse and Lindelof are hilarious.

24th June 2008 20:11  #11

Hurm.

They're unveiling Dr. Manhattan there (as I've so far been led to believe), and showing a trailer, although I would think that they'd release a teaser with The Dark Knight...

While I wish I could go to the con, it doesn't seem worth the hassle and expense. In this modern age of the interweb, it will all be online in a matter of hours anyways, so yeah...

Oh and Jersey, did you do anything for the Veidt contest?

24th June 2008 23:41  #12

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Cheddar J. Cheese wrote:

While I wish I could go to the con, it doesn't seem worth the hassle and expense. In this modern age of the interweb, it will all be online in a matter of hours anyways, so yeah...

Well I have press passes, so I can't pass up the chance to go. I'll definitely try to check out the watchman panel too Jersey.

25th June 2008 1:06  #13

I just graduated last month, so I've been non-stop lookin for a new job/interviewing + working part time, so I haven't had a chance at all to even begin to consider how I would do the commercial. Let alone actually film it. But just the fact that Snyder is doing such a contest is flippin fantastic.

25th June 2008 8:02  #14

Jonny "Me You" wrote: Well I have press passes, so I can't pass up the chance to go. I'll definitely try to check out the watchman panel too Jersey.
Cool. Hope you have fun!

Jersey Jedi wrote: I just graduated last month, so I've been non-stop lookin for a new job/interviewing + working part time, so I haven't had a chance at all to even begin to consider how I would do the commercial. Let alone actually film it. But just the fact that Snyder is doing such a contest is flippin fantastic.
I feel you. 'Tis indeed a hectic time.

I'm disappointed, because I had everything ready, all the materials at my disposal (one of the perks of being a film student), but no one (save one or two people) really took it seriously and never got back to me for important stuff (locations, etc.) and yeah. Seeing the winners that were just announced the other day, I'm positive we could've at the very least ended up in the Top 40.

But no matter, so far the movie looks like it'll be kickass. I hated 300, but I'm glad that it allowed WB to let Snyder do this. He really seems enthusiastic about it all, and really taking it seriously, which tells me that it's in good hands. But of course, only time will tell...

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?