Leaderboard Extra
Taxi Driver

Forums - Discs & Movies - Taxi Driver 

24th January 2006 18:20  #1

Trap Door Member Join Date: January 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 250
Taxi Driver
Will there be a 30th Anniversary release with a Ton of extras this year??
It's one of the few Scorsese movies that hasn't got a decent release. I'd like to see a two disc edition with commentary.

24th January 2006 19:38  #2

Danny Storr Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 161
I thought the Original release was pretty good considering the age of the film, just had a look at my Region 2 copy there is a documentary,Storyboard stuff,Gallery with commentary Etc....
   The only thing missing is a Dolby Digital 5.1 track

24th January 2006 20:21  #3

Matt Contributor Join Date: October 2004 Location: United States Posts: 2,113
Maybe it's just me, but why would you want a 5.1 audio track for a movie that never had one to begin with, and in this case one that was originally monaural? I'd rather watch a film as close to the original, intended theatrical experience as possible myself, and it may just be one of my pet peeves with DVD, but the studios release too many discs with 'upgraded' sound while neglecting to include the original audio format as a choice.

24th January 2006 20:33  #4

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,120 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Indeed. Studios should always include the original track if at all possible. In some cases it's a lot better, such as The Terminator.

24th January 2006 23:54  #5

Trap Door Member Join Date: January 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 250
Danny Storr wrote: I thought the Original release was pretty good considering the age of the film, just had a look at my Region 2 copy there is a documentary,Storyboard stuff,Gallery with commentary Etc....
   The only thing missing is a Dolby Digital 5.1 track

Really? Is this the disc released in 1999? And is the commentary Martin Scorsese? I was lookign at the features on amazon and it didn't list it. So I was expecting a newer edition sometime and this would be the perfect year for it.

25th January 2006 2:05  #6

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
Taxi Driver is a Sony/Columbia property. There will be a 30th Anniversary release. You can count on it.

25th January 2006 14:05  #7

BoBoi Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: Australia Posts: 1,109 Send a message via MSN to BoBoi Send a message via Yahoo to BoBoi
I owned the R1: Collector's Edition...no doubt, one of the greatest movie of all time...

Would be great if they make a new 'Digipak' edition for Collectors...

25th January 2006 20:09  #8

Danny Storr Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 161
Trap Door wrote: Danny Storr wrote: I thought the Original release was pretty good considering the age of the film, just had a look at my Region 2 copy there is a documentary,Storyboard stuff,Gallery with commentary Etc....
   The only thing missing is a Dolby Digital 5.1 track

Really? Is this the disc released in 1999? And is the commentary Martin Scorsese? I was lookign at the features on amazon and it didn't list it. So I was expecting a newer edition sometime and this would be the perfect year for it.


Hey I was only saying that IMO the original release was pretty good but sure there probably will be an anniversary release if scorsese has time to do a commentary but don`t expect any contributions from De Niro as ... well he never contributes and talks about his old films

26th January 2006 22:45  #9

Donnie_Darko Banned Join Date: January 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 352
De Niro may do a commentary with Scorsese on it cause it's like their ultimate film together.
I would not be surprised if they do one with the year

12th February 2006 20:21  #10

stanton heck Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,098
The movie had a great Laserdisc release.  I would love to see a interview with Jodie Foster about her role in this. (and as we know the biggest reason)  This is one of the best movies of the 1970's.  It needs to be one of the all time best DVD

15th February 2006 10:44  #11

rob murray Member Join Date: November 2004 Location: United States Posts: 477
Aaron Schneiderman wrote: Taxi Driver is a Sony/Columbia property. There will be a 30th Anniversary release. You can count on it.

Thats the first thing I thought of

15th February 2006 18:32  #12

floyd dylan Banned Join Date: April 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 913
Judging by Meet the Parents De Nero wouldn't say anything, he'd just let the director do all the talking.

16th February 2006 5:56  #13

captmarvel Member Join Date: January 2006 Location: United States Posts: 101
I would love to see any more info that would be available on this film.  I loved the initial release with the documentary about setting up the overhead tracking shot of the carnage near the end of the film.  I couldn't believe it actually damaged the structural integrity of the building.  I wonder if the production had to buy the building???

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?