Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
The Worst Movies of 2005

Forums - Discs & Movies - The Worst Movies of 2005 

29th November 2005 4:55  #1

Fernando G. Banned Join Date: February 2005 Location: United States Posts: 347
The Worst Movies of 2005
Which ones do you think sucked!? List Top 5!
1.Son of the Mask and The Honeymooners
2.Alone in the Dark
3.Be Cool
4.The Perfect Man/In the Mix/Elektra
5.The Fog/Stealth/Yours Mine and Ours
Sorry I added More.

29th November 2005 5:17  #2

Anyone?

29th November 2005 12:34  #3

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Some peeps might disagree with me, but when I bought Land of the Dead I was looking forward to it. Then I watched it... just plain... what can I say... oh yeah, horrible.

I also didn't like Herbie.

29th November 2005 16:59  #4

BoBoi Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: Australia Posts: 1,109 Send a message via MSN to BoBoi Send a message via Yahoo to BoBoi
Alone in the Dark is by far one of the worst movie of all time!

29th November 2005 17:27  #5

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
I really liked Be Cool, but then again I like Elmore Leonard's books.

29th November 2005 17:44  #6

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,405 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Wow Tony...Land of the Dead was my favorite movie of the summer.

29th November 2005 20:15  #7

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Gabe Powers wrote: Wow Tony...Land of the Dead was my favorite movie of the summer.Yeah, I know, that's why I posted down "Some peeps might disagree with me". Wink

29th November 2005 20:26  #8

And while we're on the subject, Land of the Dead 2?

George A. Romero on Land of the Dead 2
Source: Moviehole November 29, 2005

Moviehole talked to George Romero on Monday and the director shed light on some of his upcoming projects, including Land of the Dead 2, which he might shoot Down Under. The site provided us with the following clips from the interview:

LAND OF THE DEAD 2
Romero says he's got quite a few more projects on the boil in the meantime, including a sequel to "Land of the Dead". This time, says Romero, they might even bring the undead to Australia. "Simon Baker says that's where we should shoot it," he says, adding "But yeah, there's some rumbling about doing a sequel. Most of my zombie movies have been ten years apart, at least, in this case it was twenty, I've never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back". Romero isn't fazed Baker has now relocated back to his native Australia either. "You tell him we need him on the truck," he laughs. Contrary to recent rumours on the Internet, Romero says the sequel definitely won't be going straight to video. "People have been asking me about that, I don't know where that came from," says Romero. "My partner and I are trying to promote a direct to video series of zombie films, but it has nothing to do with Land of the Dead. I don't think Universal would want to go the direct to video route for Land of the Dead 2. It'd be theatrical".

DIAMOND DEAD
"I would love to do Diamond Dead. It's from an Australian Producer, a guy named Andrew Gaty. It's my favourite, but nobody seems to get it. I love the project. It's one of those things that everybody says 'What's this?' It's very hard to explain. It's sort of like Phantom of the Paradise; it's a rock and roll spoof about a dead rock band. Everybody that reads it says 'I don't quite get it'. I would give my teeth…I would love to do it. I would love to do it while I can still move my bones a little".

A FILM WITH PEGG/WRIGHT
Romero says he adores the guys and that they've become "good buddies" and hopes he gets to work with them again, before their careers explode even more. "Simon is in Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible 3, so I think he's about to break out. But we're talking about a project, nothing's gelled yet, but he and Edgar are talking about a project they're passionate about – and we'll see, I'd love to work with them. We're sort of idly chatting about something we can do together".

THE REST
In addition, he's also bringing a couple of Stephen King yarns to the big screen, as well as something original. "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and a novel called From a Buick 8. I've also got an original I'm out there trying to promote but we'll see. There's no ink on paper yet. It depends on who writes the first cheque".

29th November 2005 20:49  #9

Thanx Tony for the news! But why dont you like land of the dead?

29th November 2005 21:02  #10

I just didn't like it. It's not as bad as some other films I've seen (and believe me, I saw worst), but it didn't live up tom my predictions. The first three were way better. It just never came to me. I'll try to watch it again to see if I have a different opinion, but I don't think that my opinions will change.

29th November 2005 21:46  #11

OK. My friend didn't like it cause it has cgi blood and he says it looked so fake and stupid.

30th November 2005 0:46  #12

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,405 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
People who don't like an ENTIRE film because of a few special effects need to prioritize a little better.

30th November 2005 1:20  #13

Gabe Powers wrote: People who don't like an ENTIRE film because of a few special effects need to prioritize a little better.Actually that was the only part that I really liked about the unrated edition. CGI blood is one of my faves.

30th November 2005 1:44  #14

Well, I'll be putting up my review some time this week, we can discuss it further on that forum.

30th November 2005 1:54  #15

Okay...

and Fernando, if I'm not mistaking, didn't you enjoy The Fog?

30th November 2005 1:59  #16

A little but I saw it the second tome and I also saw the orginal and I started to hate it.

30th November 2005 2:48  #17

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
i'd say: (in random order)
1.Valiant
2.Doom
3.Be Cool
4.Fantastic 4

30th November 2005 4:38  #18

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
I'd say:
1. Alone in The Dark
2. The Longest Yard(2005)
3. Be Cool
4. Stealth
5. The Fog

30th November 2005 5:35  #19

n e body dont forget deuce bigalo!

30th November 2005 11:59  #20

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,085 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
I didn't like Land of the Dead either Gabe and I was pleasantly drunk when I watched the DVD on the weekend, which is probably the best way to go into such a movie Wink

30th November 2005 12:45  #21

Fernando G. wrote: n e body dont forget deuce bigalo!Actually, I thought Deuce Bigalow was immature but I had fun with it.

30th November 2005 15:48  #22

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
How can you guys say Stealth is one of the worst movies of 2005?!!! Besides the bad plot, it was still one of my fave because 1. The cast was great, especially Josh Lucas, Jessica Alba and Jamie Foxx 2. Great Special Effects 3. The DTS soundtrack ROCKS!

My top five worst are as follows:

The Dukes Of Hazzard
Fantastic Four
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Rebound

Can't think of a Fifth one. Sorry.

30th November 2005 16:32  #23

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Mark Lim wrote: How can you guys say Stealth is one of the worst movies of 2005?!!! Besides the bad plot, it was still one of my fave because 1. The cast was great, especially Josh Lucas, Jessica Alba and Jamie Foxx 2. Great Special Effects 3. The DTS soundtrack ROCKS!

There are very things, in my book, that can make for such a horrible plot.  What was Jamie Foxx thinking of when he made this movie anyway?  At least he can act, which is more than most people will say about Alba.  I like effects that don't stand out and are done as part of the story, not just for the sake of having effects.  The best special effects are the ones that you don't notice because they blend in with the story.

What was with the music in this movie too?  It just didn't seem  like the producer thought they needed random rock tracks to spice up the movie.

What's with all the hate for Be Cool?  There were easily worse movie than Be Cool this year.

30th November 2005 18:43  #24

I really thought you'd like it Chris. Oh well. I'm editing my review right now, I'll probably put it up tonight. I guess I'll get a lashing from the readers. At least the Wilsons will be on my side...

30th November 2005 19:12  #25

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Save for a handful of movies(pretty much all of which are now on DVD), they all sucked Very Happy

Actually, that Very Happy should be a Sad

30th November 2005 20:27  #26

Mark Lim wrote: How can you guys say Stealth is one of the worst movies of 2005?!!! Besides the bad plot, it was still one of my fave because 1. The cast was great, especially Josh Lucas, Jessica Alba and Jamie Foxx 2. Great Special Effects 3. The DTS soundtrack ROCKS!I think you are mistaking Mark, that was Jessica BIEl, not Jessica ALBA... Don't worry, I used to mix them up too, until I saw Jessica Alba as the hot one.

30th November 2005 22:18  #27

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Chris wrote: I didn't like Land of the Dead either Gabe and I was pleasantly drunk when I watched the DVD on the weekend, which is probably the best way to go into such a movie WinkGood way to see the Exorsist (the original) too...Wink

2nd December 2005 2:46  #28

77MiKe77 Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United States Posts: 66 Send a message via AIM to 77MiKe77 Send a message via MSN to 77MiKe77 Send a message via Yahoo to 77MiKe77
my top five worst are
1.)deuce bigalo:EG
2.)white noise
3.)stealth
4.)sky high
5.)the legend of zorro

my top five best are
1.)million dollar baby
2.)star wars episode 3
3.)sin city
4.)the exorcism of emily rose
5.)war of the worlds

2nd December 2005 2:48  #29

77MiKe77 wrote: my top five worst are
1.)deuce bigalo:EG
2.)white noise
3.)stealth
4.)sky high
5.)the legend of zorro

my top five best are
1.)million dollar baby
2.)star wars episode 3
3.)sin city
4.)the exorcism of emily rose
5.)war of the worlds
Disney's Sky High wasn't that bad... and Stealth was just a pointless fun action movie. Actually, Deuce Bigalow was a really funny film, whether or not if it lacks plot points.

2nd December 2005 18:51  #30

The funny thing is that I don't have a list becasue you couldn't have paid me to see most of these movies. My only real disappointment this year was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I only saw that because my mother wanted to. Otherwise, I was sure to save my money for films I knew I'd like at least a little. I suppose I'd rather not have spent 8 bucks on that penguin movie. It wasn't bad, but I've seen the same thing on PBS for free.
Page Number: [1] 2

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?