Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
The Worst Movies of 2005

Forums - Discs & Movies - The Worst Movies of 2005 

2nd December 2005 19:21  #31

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Gabe Powers wrote: I suppose I'd rather not have spent 8 bucks on that penguin movie. It wasn't bad, but I've seen the same thing on PBS for free.

I never go to evening shows.  Here they have twilight shows which cost either $5 or $5.50 depending on the theater.  Blockbuster almost charges that for rentals.

I still think movies look and feel better in theaters.  Even c**ppy movies.

2nd December 2005 20:26  #32

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,473 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I'm getting REALLY sick of theater audiences in general, if I can aviod them I will. Now that I live in the middle of nowhere and have a big enough TV I can watch movies as loud as I want any time I want. There are few flicks I feel the need to see in the theater.

2nd December 2005 20:38  #33

Dwayne Hicks Member Join Date: February 2005 Location: United States Posts: 85
Most disagree, but I say Wedding Crashers.

2nd December 2005 20:46  #34

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Am I Funny Like A Clown wrote: Most disagree, but I say Wedding Crashers.

If Wedding Crashers is the worse movie that you have seen this year, you have had a pretty good year of watching movies then (or haven't seen many!)

4th December 2005 2:32  #35

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Adrian wrote: Am I Funny Like A Clown wrote: Most disagree, but I say Wedding Crashers.

If Wedding Crashers is the worse movie that you have seen this year, you have had a pretty good year of watching movies then (or haven't seen many!)
He didn't see Herbie or LOTD yet then.

4th December 2005 4:18  #36

Matt Contributor Join Date: October 2004 Location: United States Posts: 2,113
Gabe Powers wrote: My only real disappointment this year was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Ugh, yeah, that was my biggest disappointment too. How Burton managed to take a sweet story and turn into a soulless, uninteresting, and noisy mess I'll never know. I expected way better, and even though it was made up exclusively for the original film and not in the book, I still think they should have carried over the whole Slugworth subplot and gotten rid of most of the Wonka flashbacks.

4th December 2005 13:53  #37

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
My ten fave films this year in no particular order

Flightplan
Stealth
Monster In-Law
Hitch
Million Dollar Baby
The Interpreter
War Of The Worlds
National Treasure
Cellular
Mindhunters

The only bad film I have actually seen is Beauty Shop. Why did Queen Latifah waste such comedic talent on a silly movie??!!  

4th December 2005 16:14  #38

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
My top 20 fav's. of the year so far are...
1. Capote
2. Grizzly Man
3. Enron
4. The Squid and The Whale
5. Kung Fu Hustle
6. A History Of Violence
7. Good Night, and Good Luck
8. Broken Flowers
9. Thumbsucker
10. Junebug
11. Everything is Illuminated
12. Hustle and Flow
13. March Of The Penguins
14. Millions
15. Jarhead
16. Pride and Prejudice
17. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
18. The Constant Gardner
19. The 40 Year Old Virgin
20. The Weather Man(probably the most underrated film I've seen this year)

Honorable mentions:
Proof, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit, the Goblet of Fire, Shopgirl(another underrated film), Ice Harvest

4th December 2005 19:01  #39

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
You know what Mark, I really thought that Mindhunters was a great film. I think it could of made more money if it came out earlier.

Last night, I rented the movie Death to the Supermodels. It was really really bad. The ending sucked and it wasn't funny.

5th December 2005 0:36  #40

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
1. House of Wax
2. Amityville Horror
3. Stealth
4. The Dukes of Hazzard
5. Doom

I laughed at some point during all five movies, however, only "The Dukes of Hazzard" would be classified as a comedy.
Page Number: 1 [2]

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?