Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
What do you think will be the most anticipated DVD/s release/s for 2005?

Forums - Discs & Movies - What do you think will be the most anticipated DVD/s release/s for 2005? 

8th April 2005 17:33  #1

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
What do you think will be the most anticipated DVD/s release/s for 2005?
Remember how we were all waiting for the original Star Wars Trilogy and Indiana Jones to come out and they ended up being released last year, after over 5 year wait? I would like to hear from any of you on your thoughts on this year's most anticipated dvd/s release/s for 2005.
You can mention tv shows and movies.
My thought would be the 'Titanic 4 disc special edition'. With the DTS surround track, this will be a great collector's item.

8th April 2005 18:09  #2

- - Senior Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 594
Ong Bak (Tai Warrior)
Unleashed
Sin City
Layer Cake
Domino
Transporter 2
War Of The Worlds
Batman Begins
Doom
Dog Soldiers (Fresh Meat)

8th April 2005 23:44  #3

Darren Russell Member Join Date: June 2004 Location: United States Posts: 208
I've heard that the Indiana Jones Trilogy is being redone, ala the Star Wars films.  If this is in fact the case, I will definitely be purchasing that box set.  In the meantime I'll be content to wait for Titanic's SE release!

8th April 2005 23:53  #4

Omar Khairy Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 13
I think the most anticipated include:

JOEY S1: probably all FREINDS fans are waiting for it.

FRIENDS 1-10 ALL: in the US not UK

24 SERIES 4: great show, great features

15th April 2005 3:00  #5

Eva Unit02 Member Join Date: June 2004 Location: New Zealand Posts: 634 Send a message via ICQ to Eva Unit02
Upcoming:-
R2 City on Fire HKL
R1 releases of the MGM SEs of the remaining Leone westerns; preferably in a boxset w/ the existing GBU SE.
Sam Peckinpah's General Dundee Extended SE.

Released DVDs on my must-buy list:-
R1 Straw Dogs: Criterion
R2 Full Contact HKL
R1 Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Ed
R1 Day of the Dead 2-disc SE
R1 Clerks X

15th April 2005 15:49  #6

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Quote: Originally posted by Danny Jean
I'm still waiting for the perfect Star Wars Box Set.

I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. Lucas' business model is stolen from Disney. He re-releases his movies once every ten years or so. Since he has such a small inventory in the first place, he has to make people want star wars more and more. He can't do that by making a perfect set. If he gives you everything you want at once, there wont be incentive to come back.

Although to give you hope, there is talk of a 30th anniversary set on Blu-Ray that will contain both the original and super special edition versions of the movies, deleted scenes, in depth documentaries, etc... How accurate that is though is anyone's guess.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren Russell
I've heard that the Indiana Jones Trilogy is being redone, ala the Star Wars films.

As for Indiana Jones, that won't happen. You arent getting your info from South Park are you? They are Speilberg's movies and he already tried to mess with ET and that blew up in his face. Besides, there is hardly anything in Indiana Jones that could be changed anyhow.

Um, releases I'm looking forward to are Titanic 4 disc, Maybe cinderella collectors box, Clone Wars Vol 2, Episode III, Looney Toons Gold 3, Sin City, Batman '89 SE and maybe the original King Kong.

15th April 2005 18:22  #7

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,474 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Eva Unit02, the DOTO and, erm...DOTD, are great, and Straw Dogs has a spectacualar commentary track. It's not banned in NZ too, is it?

16th April 2005 15:42  #8

Eva Unit02 Member Join Date: June 2004 Location: New Zealand Posts: 634 Send a message via ICQ to Eva Unit02
Quote: Originally posted by Gabriel Powers
Eva Unit02, the DOTO and, erm...DOTD, are great, and Straw Dogs has a spectacualar commentary track. It's not banned in NZ too, is it?
Nope, since I've seen a R4 barebones release in the shops.

16th April 2005 17:37  #9

the movie I've been waiting over five years to come out on dvd, finally came out in February and it wasn't even announced in dvdanswers.com. The movie is "Project X" starring Matthew Broderick and Helen Hunt. Probably the first time I saw Hunt on screen. Great performances. I don't care if there isn't any special features. Just want the movie, remastered if possible. Will receive it on Tuesday.

17th April 2005 1:46  #10

Jonny "Me You" Senior Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 2,863
Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lim
the movie I've been waiting over five years to come out on dvd, finally came out in February and it wasn't even announced in dvdanswers.com. The movie is "Project X" starring Matthew Broderick and Helen Hunt. Probably the first time I saw Hunt on screen. Great performances. I don't care if there isn't any special features. Just want the movie, remastered if possible. Will receive it on Tuesday.

It's all about the monkeys.

Get your paws off me you damn dirty apes!

Wink

17th April 2005 14:37  #11

Matt Contributor Join Date: October 2004 Location: United States Posts: 2,113

It has a nice transfer and sound, nothing spectauular, but is more than adequate for the job. I wish Anchor Bay would put out a few more titles like this per year.

18th April 2005 0:49  #12

J. Tasca Member Join Date: January 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 35
Quote: Originally posted by Danny Jean

Appleseed (Tin Metal and Action Figure included)
Ong Bak (Tai Warrior)
Sin City
War Of The World
Domino
Kingdom Of Heaven
Batman Begins
Dog Soldiers (Fresh Meat)

That is pretty much my list of anticipated DVD's for this year too.

18th April 2005 16:11  #13

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Quote: Originally posted by Me You
It's all about the monkeys.

Get your paws off me you damn dirty apes!

Wink[/b]
Didn't the dudes scrotum get bitten off? (the funny things we hear down under...)

19th April 2005 11:46  #14

J. Tasca Member Join Date: January 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 35
Yeah....I heard the Chimps ate his genitals.... Gahh. might as well kill him now. No face, no foot and no genitals. Sad

20th April 2005 16:07  #15

Yeah, it says in the story I linked that they chowed down on a breakfast of eggs and sausage if you get my drift.

The chimp was in there for biting off part of a womans finger. The owners (who obviously have more money then brains) showed up to throw the chimp "their baby" a birthday party....lol Laugh2

At the time, I was waiting for Arnie to give a press conference (in his accent) "we have taken care of the monkey situation" lol Laugh

I dunno what happened to the guy after the story though.

21st April 2005 6:48  #16

What movie are you people talking about?? This is a story about monkeys being used in the air force for flight experiments and then get killed in radiation poisoning. Matthew Broderick was in probation and assigned to train these animals, but when he grows attached to one of them, virgil, who can use sign language for comunication, decides that enough is enough, and with the help of virgil's teacher, they break him and the remaining monkeys out of the lab and into freedom! There was no genital biting!  

21st April 2005 14:29  #17

What movie are you people talking about?? This is a story about monkeys being used in the air force for flight experiments and then get killed in radiation poisoning. Matthew Broderick was in probation and assigned to train these animals, but when he grows attached to one of them, virgil, who can use sign language for comunication, decides that enough is enough, and with the help of virgil's teacher, they break him and the remaining monkeys out of the lab and into freedom! There was no genital biting!  

lolol Laugh - sorry Mark, but if you look up a bit you'll see the link I posted. I simply took the opportunity to use monkeys as a context to share a real life story I read a little while back Wink

Although, find me a monkey movie with genital biting and I think they just sold their first DVD...lol Very Happy

21st April 2005 14:45  #18

My aplogies to all. did not see the link. Interesting story though me You,
Woould love to see more real life stories that may relate to a movie.

21st April 2005 16:17  #19

No apologies needed. We we're all just being silly Wink

23rd April 2005 16:35  #20

Just to finish off the monkey thing, the other night I was watching ABC Primetime and sure enough it was the story of the chimp attack.

The story was told by the wife, the husband is still laying up in hospital. After showing vintage footage of them, they both come across as nuts. duh!

Finally, check this video out -

A Smoking Chimp...lolol

25th April 2005 0:28  #21

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,120 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
I'm looking forward to Revenge of the Sith, if only so I can see how the whole saga holds up as one mammoth piece. I've got a feeling The prequels might hang together a little better when watched in succession (although Jar-Jar should will still be a problem).

Other than that, there's not a lot I really 'want' now. I have more films than I'll ever watch again, and I own most, if not all of the ones I really wanted. I don't buy many new films, just older stuff that hasn't had a prior release. I keep meaning to get the new Raging Bull set, as well as Clerks X. I'm also waiting for a non-screwed original Star Wars trilogy boxed set, but I'm sure I'll eb waiting forever.

1st June 2006 16:12  #22

stanton heck Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,098
For the Year 2006
Superman  Returns
POTC 2
Over the Hedge
The Break Up
V- for Vendetta
MI 3
Snakes on a Plane

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?