Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
What movie to you was the Worst Movie of 2006

Forums - Discs & Movies - What movie to you was the Worst Movie of 2006  

27th January 2007 18:57  #1

stanton heck Member Join Date: June 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,098
What movie to you was the Worst Movie of 2006
"John Tucker Must Die"
"Perfume"
"Little Man"

27th January 2007 19:18  #2

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Tie between:

Nacho Libre
Bubble
Wedding Crashers

27th January 2007 20:05  #3

Tigerclaw Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 493 Send a message via MSN to Tigerclaw
Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet

27th January 2007 20:13  #4

Cheddar J. Cheese Member Join Date: October 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 1,492
Tony DeFrancisco wrote:
Wedding Crashers

...was 2005.

Of what I saw (I avoid most films that just look like utter tripe):
Lady in the Water (but I really do want to see it again to judge again)
You, Me and Dupree: Gordon Gekko returns... That was the weakest I think.

27th January 2007 21:39  #5

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Cheddar J. Cheese wrote: Tony DeFrancisco wrote:
Wedding Crashers

...was 2005.
I know, but I count the best and worst films of a year when they are released on DVD instead of theaters, just because I dont get out to a theatre too much.

27th January 2007 21:47  #6

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
Borat
Saw 3

Tony DeFrancisco wrote: Cheddar J. Cheese wrote: Tony DeFrancisco wrote:
Wedding Crashers

...was 2005.
I know, but I count the best and worst films of a year when they are released on DVD instead of theaters, just because I dont get out to a theatre too much.

Are you jokeing..Wedding Crushers was one of so few Americna comedies that actualy was watchable..i even say good

27th January 2007 23:56  #7

Tony DeFrancisco wrote:  I know, but I count the best and worst films of a year when they are released on DVD instead of theaters, just because I dont get out to a theatre too much.

Fair enough on the DVD comment. Sorry if it seemed like I was questioning your intelligence. But I agree, WC is one of the better comedies released in recent years.

£ukasz D wrote:  Borat
Borat? Seriously? That's the funniest movie I've seen in awhile. I always enjoyed Borat on Ali G, and while some of the material was re-used, it was still pretty damn funny.

28th January 2007 0:13  #8

Borat was a masterpiece in comedy.

I couldn't get into Wedding Crashers. I liked The 40 Yr Old Virgin much, much more.

28th January 2007 2:17  #9

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
Borat base on stupidity of the leading character and offending all the people around...sorry but this kind of stuff doesn't make me lough...it makes me feel sorry for the ones who laugh about it.

28th January 2007 2:35  #10

alex77014 Member Join Date: June 2006 Location: United States Posts: 187 Send a message via Yahoo to alex77014

£ukasz D wrote: Borat base on stupidity of the leading character and offending all the people around...sorry but this kind of stuff doesn't make me lough...it makes me feel sorry for the ones who laugh about it.

i don't understand your "offending all the people around" comment.  do you mean people that watched the movie...or the people in the movie?  could you clarify this please.    

as for the subject...imo...idiocracy and employee of the month.

28th January 2007 3:37  #11

Mal Webmaster Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,290
How about Bottoms Up? It's #3 on the IMDb bottom 100 - Dustin almost had to review it but he was saved when they sent it to me by mistake.

alex77014 wrote: i don't understand your "offending all the people around" comment.  do you mean people that watched the movie...or the people in the movie?  could you clarify this please.
Not seen Borat, but I think '£ukasz D' opinion of the film might be similar to that of Kermode, you can hear it here (skip the first 13 minutes if you like).

28th January 2007 5:32  #12

But isn't that the point of Borat as a character? I mean, you knew what you were getting into when you bought the ticket... Right?

28th January 2007 5:46  #13

Jonathan Bennett Member Join Date: March 2005 Location: United States Posts: 600 Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan Bennett Send a message via Google to Jonathan Bennett
£ukasz D wrote: Borat base on stupidity of the leading character and offending all the people around...sorry but this kind of stuff doesn't make me lough...it makes me feel sorry for the ones who laugh about it.
You didn't get that. It was done that way to spoof the stupidity of most people, and that's what makes it so darn awesome.
By the way, Borat and The 40 Year Old Virgin >>>>>>>>>>>> Wedding Crashers

Here's my Worst Movies of the year list(there's not much though, since I avoid most stuff that looks like c**p):
1. Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
2. Lady in the Water
3. You, Me and Dupree
4. Click
5. An Inconvenient Truth(and I'm a liberal)

28th January 2007 8:29  #14

silenzio Member Join Date: April 2006 Location: Cyprus Posts: 30
Valley Of Wolves:Iraq & My Super-Ex Girlfriend

28th January 2007 13:16  #15

alex77014 wrote:

i don't understand your "offending all the people around" comment.  do you mean people that watched the movie...or the people in the movie?  could you clarify this please.    

i mean people in the movie....for me the movie I just plain stupid..sorry but I see nothing funy in a guy runing around naked, offending peoples every belives and values...for me it's patetic...as well as Borat. (but after all..if you can't make anything funny all thats left is try to laugh at everything around you)

28th January 2007 15:57  #16

I dont think you really understood Borat. Cohen was not to make his character look like a racist fool, but someone who has a heart. You know he might be able to say stuff about Jews, Gypsies, and gays, but for all you know, he might have not met one. He even displays homosexual behavior in the movie without even knowing it.

28th January 2007 20:01  #17

Disciple Member Join Date: April 2006 Location: Sweden Posts: 760
Lady in the Water!?
Lady in the Water!? Seriously? I don't get what people have against this film. It's a very powerful film IMO, and Night, in his biggest role yet, is actually really good as an actor! I suggest you watch this film again. It deserves a second chance. It's far from the best Shyamaln film (that being Signs or Unbreakable) but it's definitely one of my favorite films of the past year.

Here's my worst list:

My Super Ex-Girlfriend Boring!
Aeon Flux Disappointing...
Ultraviolet Disappointing...
Underworld: Evolution Highly disappointing sequel.  

29th January 2007 0:22  #18

It was just disappointing. And as I said, I truly want to see it again to see if it really was trash, or if I wasn't in the right mood. Shyamalan is really not a good actor. His cameos are ok, but he shouldn't have cast himself as a major character (who is a visionary author... Conceited much?). I did enjoy the film to a certain extent, the music was great and fitting, but some of it was juvenile and predictable. It was just one of the weakest films I saw this year.

I knew no matter what I put I would come under fire. Hell, if I put X-3 (didn't bother to see it) people would be defending it, or Clerks II (to me, just another comedy, but I enjoyed it, so...).

Back to Borat: So then why did you go see it? Borat is nothing new, he's been around for a while. The point is HE doesn't know any better, they do. The guys in the RV for example, Borat doesn't know anything about their culture/stuff like that, THEY DO! THEY know it's wrong to treat women that way (but don't care), Borat doesn't.

29th January 2007 0:29  #19

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,402 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I'm gonna go with Disciple's Grrl Power choices, honestly I actually enjoyed Bloodrayne more than any of these three. And Pirates 2 and X-3 go down as massive disappointments. Not awful films, but not any good. I actually enjoyed Lady In the Water, but think that pretty much everything the haters say about it is true. It's super-duper pretentious. I really didn't see too many bad films in 2006. Probably the best year for movies since 1999.

29th January 2007 6:31  #20

Well, Pirates 2 was only half a movie keep in mind... When seen back-to-back with AWE I think it'll be more coherent and a good first part of a 4 hour long movie.

29th January 2007 9:14  #21

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,402 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
More like a 5 and a half hour long movie.

Also, each LOTR film managed to be a great film on its own, I don't think Pirates 2 has a real excuse.

29th January 2007 13:35  #22

Gabe Powers wrote: More like a 5 and a half hour long movie.

Also, each LOTR film managed to be a great film on its own, I don't think Pirates 2 has a real excuse.

LOTR series is by far the best Sleeping Pill that Cinema has ever made.

29th January 2007 13:55  #23

I'm gonna back out now before it gets ugly...

29th January 2007 15:29  #24

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Cheddar J. Cheese wrote: I'm gonna back out now before it gets ugly...good idea! Shocked

29th January 2007 16:24  #25

scottmck Contributor Join Date: April 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 393
Gabe Powers wrote: I actually enjoyed Lady In the Water, but think that pretty much everything the haters say about it is true. It's super-duper pretentious.

I've got it for review at the moment and watched it last night.  I'm not going to give much away right now but I understand why it polarises people who have seen it.

30th January 2007 19:53  #26

Cheddar J. Cheese wrote: I'm gonna back out now before it gets ugly...
£ukasz used to have his DVD collection linked at the bottom of his sig. I'm not going to worry about his opinion on the LOTR films, if you get my meaning.

and Scott, I was hoping for the R1 DVD of Lady just to write about what I'm sure you're planning on writting.

31st January 2007 1:19  #27

Gabe Powers wrote: £ukasz used to have his DVD collection linked at the bottom of his sig. I'm not going to worry about his opinion on the LOTR films, if you get my meaning.

i don't get your meaning ???? can you pleas explain ????

and as for the LOTR..i just hate them..but that's my opinion- but if you would ask me about the most over-rated film all time i'd go with LOTr.

31st January 2007 9:51  #28

scottmck Contributor Join Date: April 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 393
Gabe Powers wrote: and Scott, I was hoping for the R1 DVD of Lady just to write about what I'm sure you're planning on writting.

The pressure's on! Wink

As for 2006, I usually toe the line of "don't knock it till you've seen it" but I don't think I need to sit through Little Man to know it's a steaming pile.

On the subject of Borat from further down the thread... surely he's only offending people who deserve to have their "secret" views made public?

2nd February 2007 7:41  #29

Ravenwood Member Join Date: June 2006 Location: United States Posts: 230
The worst movies I saw last year in the theatres were Nanny McPhee and Employee of the Month.

2nd February 2007 20:48  #30

£ukasz D wrote: Gabe Powers wrote: £ukasz used to have his DVD collection linked at the bottom of his sig. I'm not going to worry about his opinion on the LOTR films, if you get my meaning.

i don't get your meaning ???? can you pleas explain ????

and as for the LOTR..i just hate them..but that's my opinion- but if you would ask me about the most over-rated film all time i'd go with LOTr.

I just remember some of what you like and don't feel my opinion on LOTR is under attack. To each his own, but I'm much more likely to be upset by someone with a more similar taste to mine hating LOTR.
Page Number: [1] 2

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?