Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.
 
Leaderboard Extra

Forums - Discs & Movies - "World's Fastest Indian" - Superb !!!! 

7th January 2007 11:55  #1

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
"World's Fastest Indian" - Superb !!!!
I just bought the DVD and watched it yesterday....and WOW !!!!

This is a trully great movie...so simple in it's story but in the same time so deep and so enterteining.
Form the first to the 127 minute I was focused on the screen...
Sir. Anthony Hopkins I a true living legend, and his performence is absolutely amaizing. I love see him danceing Happy

If you haven't seen it jet, be sure to check it...buy it I say !!!
It is the best "feel-good" movie i've seen in years....Happy PERFECT Happy

7th January 2007 19:12  #2

Tom Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 2,497 Send a message via ICQ to Tom
Yeah, it's a good film. Picked it up cheap a few months ago

8th January 2007 14:10  #3

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
I agree.  I was able to get this through the local library system (so it was free to watch) and wasn't expecting too much from it, but it really draws you in.  I'd pick it up if I could get it for cheap.

8th January 2007 17:09  #4

Jersey Jedi Member Join Date: August 2004 Location: United States Posts: 714
No doubt. The title is fitting for the character and the story arc, but that basically doomed it from the start here in the US theatrically. But hey, this is what DVD is for.

9th January 2007 16:05  #5

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Jersey Jedi wrote: No doubt. The title is fitting for the character and the story arc, but that basically doomed it from the start here in the US theatrically. But hey, this is what DVD is for.

I don't think the title doomed it at all.  The lack of any type of advertising doomed it.  Also, it didn't help that it was a very limited release.

9th January 2007 22:51  #6

Jersey Jedi Member Join Date: August 2004 Location: United States Posts: 714
Adrian wrote: Jersey Jedi wrote: No doubt. The title is fitting for the character and the story arc, but that basically doomed it from the start here in the US theatrically. But hey, this is what DVD is for.

I don't think the title doomed it at all.  The lack of any type of advertising doomed it.  Also, it didn't help that it was a very limited release.


I disagree on the advertising. I did see a fair amount of commercials for it. However, with small movies like this at the time of the year it was released (December--> Oscar bait) it's very typical to start with a small release and build word-of-mouth. So you really can't blame it on the limited release either. I honestly think Magnolia's marketing department did exactly what they should have done in this case.

10th January 2007 15:51  #7

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Jersey Jedi wrote: I disagree on the advertising. I did see a fair amount of commercials for it. However, with small movies like this at the time of the year it was released (December--> Oscar bait) it's very typical to start with a small release and build word-of-mouth. So you really can't blame it on the limited release either. I honestly think Magnolia's marketing department did exactly what they should have done in this case.

No advertising and it was never shown in this area, not even in Orlando which is a fairly large city.

10th January 2007 17:22  #8

Edgeworth Member Join Date: July 2004 Location: United States Posts: 256 Send a message via AIM to Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Edgeworth
I saw some tv spots during the two or three weeks it played around here (Detroit). No one I knew got around to seeing it and it sort of slipped by. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?