Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Worst Movies of 2005

Forums - Discs & Movies - Worst Movies of 2005 

30th December 2005 0:11  #1

Tigerclaw Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 493 Send a message via MSN to Tigerclaw
Worst Movies of 2005
According to rottentomatoes.com:

18%  Get Rich or Die Tryin'
 16%  Domino
 17%  Doom
 20%  Into the Blue
 16%  The Dukes of Hazzard
 10%  Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
 4%  Supercross: The Movie
 7%  Undiscovered
 24%  9 Songs
 13%  Stealth
 24%  House of Wax
 43%  Guess Who
 7%  Elektra
 14%  Hide and Seek
 1%  Alone in the Dark
 11%  Ma Mere
 13%  Aeon Flux

What do you guys think?

30th December 2005 0:17  #2

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
I know I'm gonna get Gabe started, but I didn't like Land of the Dead. I also really didn't like Herbie.

IMDb also gave In The Mix 1.7, also on it's 2nd worst film on the worst 100.

30th December 2005 0:18  #3

Tigerclaw Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: Canada Posts: 493 Send a message via MSN to Tigerclaw
Herbie...good one Tony!  Even the beautiful Lindsey couldn't get me near that trash of a movie.

30th December 2005 0:20  #4

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Tigerclaw wrote: Herbie...good one Tony!  Even the beautiful Lindsey couldn't get me near that trash of a movie.You mean when she was beautiful. Wink

30th December 2005 0:41  #5

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,467 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Like I said before, I just didn't see any movies this year that looked like they'd be bad, and my only dissapointment was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which wasn't really bad, just not very good.

30th December 2005 0:44  #6

I guess The Weekend Warrior didn't list Herbie either.

30th December 2005 1:13  #7

MMP Member Join Date: December 2005 Location: United States Posts: 53
Hide and Seek
The SKeleton Key
Hitch
House of Wax
War of the Worlds
The Longest Yard
The Pacifier
The Amityville Horror
Batman Begins
The Family Stone
Be Cool
Assault on Precinct 13
Coach Carter
Just Like Heaven
March of the Penguins
The Ring 2
Monster in Law

30th December 2005 1:46  #8

Matt Contributor Join Date: October 2004 Location: United States Posts: 2,113
I won't count movies that I could smell a mile away and avoided until I could snicker at them in the privacy of my own home (i.e. Alone In The Dark), but of what I was actually suckered into seeing in the theatre, Stealth was pretty bad from top to bottom and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory was a complete disappointment. I never would have thought that Tim Burton could suck the enjoyment and fun right out of Dahl's book, but he surely did just that, and as much as I like Johnny Depp in most everything he does, this wasn't the right part for him. Taken as a whole, the movie had all the charm of a week old Happy Meal.

30th December 2005 1:47  #9

Wow, I liked Charlie. It's not as better as Willy Wonka though.

30th December 2005 1:53  #10

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
Fantastic Four (..horror...horror...horror )
Valiant (worst animation i've seen)
Be Cool (not fun at all)

30th December 2005 4:08  #11

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Geez.....Someone actually mentioned Batman Begins.  If that is one of the worse movies you have seen, you are lucky.

I enjoyed The Dukes of Hazzards.  I'll admit it.  I also liked Aeon Flux.  It was actually an enjoyable popcorn sci-fi flick.  The Skeleton Key was a well made thriller.  How can anyone think this is one of the worse?

For the worst (and yes some are very obvious):

Alone in the Dark
The Amityville Horro
Are We There Yet?
Boogeyman
The Cave
Cry_Wolf
Cursed
Into the Blue
The Pacifier
The Ring 2
Saw II
Stay
Stealth
White Noise
XXX:  State of the Union

30th December 2005 4:18  #12

Adrian Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,305
Shoot.....and I left of:

The Man
Man of the House

I saw way too many bad movies this year.

30th December 2005 15:15  #13

You know what Adrian, I didn't have a problem with The Dukes of Hazzard either. The Skeleton Key was alright too.

This is my worst of 2005 (its DVD releases):

10. High Tension
9. Mr. 3000
8. House of Wax
7. The Village
6. The Wedding Date
5. Death to the Supermodels
4. Alone in the Dark
3. Undiscovered
2. Land of the Dead
1. Herbie

30th December 2005 20:10  #14

floyd dylan Banned Join Date: April 2004 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 913
Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith - Bad dialogue, bad special effects, bad contradictory plotline, and super bad acting.

30th December 2005 22:13  #15

for those who want to know, yes I didn't like Batman Begins... thought it was excrutiatingly boring to sit through...

30th December 2005 22:35  #16

MMP wrote: for those who want to know, yes I didn't like Batman Begins... thought it was excrutiatingly boring to sit through...You scare me. I thought that Batman Begins was one of the best films this year. But, it's your opinion.

30th December 2005 23:01  #17

Edgeworth Member Join Date: July 2004 Location: United States Posts: 256 Send a message via AIM to Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Edgeworth
I have to agree with MMP. I really did not find Batman Begins as entertaining as I hoped, with all the praise. I haven't visited to the theater as much as I wanted to this year, because there have been so few releases that looked interesting. Of what I have seen, some others that dissapointed were Thumbsucker, Doom, and a History of Violence.

31st December 2005 4:56  #18

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Tony DeFrancisco wrote: Tigerclaw wrote: Herbie...good one Tony!  Even the beautiful Lindsey couldn't get me near that trash of a movie.You mean when she was beautiful. WinkActually, she was "modified" for this movie...

1st January 2006 1:59  #19

Aaron Schneiderman Senior Member Join Date: September 2005 Location: United States Posts: 1,198
This was a very bad year for film overall...  Few will be remembered after the Walmart discount bin.

3rd January 2006 8:34  #20

DivineWaters wrote: I have to agree with MMP. I really did not find Batman Begins as entertaining as I hoped, with all the praise. I haven't visited to the theater as much as I wanted to this year, because there have been so few releases that looked interesting. Of what I have seen, some others that dissapointed were Thumbsucker, Doom, and a History of Violence.

thank you!  I think that might be why I didn't like it so much, all the hype saying it was "so great."  I found it boring and cliched with not so great acting.  sorry to those who liked it though.

3rd January 2006 16:12  #21

MMP wrote:
thank you!  I think that might be why I didn't like it so much, all the hype saying it was "so great."  I found it boring and cliched with not so great acting.  sorry to those who liked it though.

Not to pick on MMP, but I found the "it is boring and cliched" to be very cliched way of critiquing a moving.  Can you give us a better explanation of what was boring an cliched about it?  It just seems that every time someone didn't like a moving, thos phrazes are thrown out with no actual critique.

And if you really thought it was boring and cliched, I'd have to say I can give you a list of easily 20 movies alone from 2005 that were much more boring!  I need to stop seeing so many bad movies.

3rd January 2006 17:31  #22

GRZA Member Join Date: December 2005 Location: United States Posts: 89
MMP wrote: I think that might be why I didn't like it so much, all the hype saying it was "so great."  I found it boring and cliched with not so great acting.  sorry to those who liked it though.

That's honestly surprising to hear.  You must be a fan of Batman and Robin with Clooney in that case Wink

4th January 2006 22:59  #23

Bodhi Member Join Date: February 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 403
Some terrible movies/DVDs of 2005
In terms of foreign output...

Tokyo Psycho
Cursed (Japanese title)
2 Young (this was exceptionally awful)
A/V (although the Japanese actress was a stunner)

Hmm that's all I can think of right now...

5th January 2006 0:26  #24

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,467 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
Ah hahaha, you're new quote is gold. People are going to think that's a picture of you.

5th January 2006 7:37  #25

Edgeworth Member Join Date: July 2004 Location: United States Posts: 256 Send a message via AIM to Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Edgeworth
The main reason why I couldn't enjoy Batman Begins was probably because I couldn't take it that seriously. I'm not that big of a fan of comic books or their movie adaptations.

8th January 2006 22:58  #26

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
Why see the film then? I don't much care for all that crouching tiger, high ceiling rubbish so I'll be first in line for House of Flying Daggers then won't I?

After the film....

"That was rubbish. I knew it would be but I still went to see it. What's wrong with me?"

9th January 2006 0:09  #27

That doesn't mean there can't be exceptions. I wasn't going to bother with Batman Begins, but I had the same first reaction with Sin City, and I ended up enjoying it alot.

11th January 2006 1:48  #28

77MiKe77 Member Join Date: November 2005 Location: United States Posts: 66 Send a message via AIM to 77MiKe77 Send a message via MSN to 77MiKe77 Send a message via Yahoo to 77MiKe77
the village was a great phsycological thriller you were just too stupid to understand it. oh yeah and tony I might have mono Sad talk to you whenever

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?