Leaderboard Extra
Fall TV 2008 - What are you watching?

Forums - General Chat - Fall TV 2008 - What are you watching? 

24th August 2008 14:32  #1

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
Fall TV 2008 - What are you watching?
Just like to know what shows people here are looking forward to returning to TV with a brand new season, or anything new??

Here's what I'm going to see....

RETURNING SHOWS
* Grey's Anatomy - Season 5
* Ugly Betty - Season 3
* Desperate Housewives - Season 5
* Brothers and Sisters - Season 3
* Private Practice - Season 2
* Heroes - Season 3
* Chuck - Season 2
* Samantha Who? - Season 2
* House, M.D. - Season 5
* Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2

NEW SERIES
* Knight Rider
* Fringe (I have seen the pre-air pilot, excellent!!)
* Flashpoint (am watching now)
* The Eleventh Hour
* The Ex List

24th August 2008 18:58  #2

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,085 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Fall? Is that like Autumn?

25th August 2008 3:46  #3

Cheddar J. Cheese Member Join Date: October 2004 Location: Canada Posts: 1,492
Not interested in any of the new shows so far...

I'll be watching How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, I guess Two and a Half Men (it's gotten bad lately (waits for comment about how it was never good to begin with)) and The Office and 30 Rock. If Scrubs is coming back before January, then that. And The Simpsons and Family Guy. Both aren't as great as they were (moreso in the case of The Simpsons, it's been what? 10 years? And again, waiting for that comment about either one of them)

Is it just me, or has TV gotten progressively worse these past few years? There's so few scripted shows, more and more game/reality shows... Yeah ok, you got your HBO and Showtime stuff, but by the time that comes around on non-fancy TV, it's already passé.

That all being said, it seems I'll be watching stuff like Robot Chicken, re-runs of Star Trek, the movie network we have here and DVDs more than any of the new stuff.

25th August 2008 5:36  #4

Sam Spade Member Join Date: January 2007 Location: United States Posts: 2,030 Send a message via MSN to Sam Spade
The only things on TV I watch are:

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations(Travel Channel) Nice ad tooWink
Lost
HBO
History Channel

I will probably check out Fringe because it is a JJ Abrams series.

That is about it. Don't really watch a lot of TV.

29th August 2008 19:53  #5

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,704 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Chris Gould wrote: Fall? Is that like Autumn?And to think Mark is a fellow Aussie.....
Autumn Mark - please! we don't want to reduce our selves to the American level Wink

17th September 2008 13:32  #6

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
In the U.S. they call it FALL TV!! I have to say that because I download shows from there and many of them ARE NOT even going to be on our TV till 2009.

So far so good. Love the new sci-fi show "Fringe". Watching Episode 2 now. Also watching new "House, MD" Season 5. Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles looks good too. But my fave is "Flashpoint" of the new shows.

Less than one week to new "Heroes". Woo-hoo!!

20th October 2008 22:01  #7

copperzinc Member Join Date: October 2008 Location: United States Posts: 14
I will continue to watch the Office, Heroes, and Pushing Daisies. I am just now getting into House and Chuck. I'll probably end up renting those from the beginning. Not a lot of interesting new stuff.

22nd October 2008 19:10  #8

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,149
Worst Nightmare wrote: Chris Gould wrote: Fall? Is that like Autumn?And to think Mark is a fellow Aussie.....
Autumn Mark - please! we don't want to reduce our selves to the American level Wink

American's should have the courage to go all the way with this guff. If they can call Autumn Fall (cos of the leaves falling geddit) then they should go ahead and call:-

Winter - Man that's Cold
Spring - New stuff growing an s**t
Summer - Hotter

2nd November 2008 20:56  #9

MiseryMatt Member Join Date: July 2007 Location: United States Posts: 417
-Grey's Anatomy
-Desperate Housewives
-Samantha Who
-Entourage
-True Blood
-Ugly Betty
-Pushing Daisies
-30 Rock
-The Office
-Kath & Kim.

Oh, TiVo, how I love thee.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?