Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Football World Cup GERMANY 2006 !!!!!

Forums - General Chat - Football World Cup GERMANY 2006 !!!!! 

7th June 2006 17:20  #1

£ukasz D Member Join Date: August 2005 Location: Poland Posts: 859 Send a message via Skype to £ukasz D
Football World Cup GERMANY 2006 !!!!!
Hey all.....it's only 2 days to FIFA WORLD CUP 2006....

so..will you watch it.....who do you cheer for ?????? who do you think will win WC ?????

7th June 2006 20:28  #2

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,113 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
Wrong forum, moving...

8th June 2006 18:18  #3

Tom Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 2,497 Send a message via ICQ to Tom
I'll be watching pretty much every game if possible! Cheering on the mighty England of course Wink Take it you're a Poland supporter £ukasz D? We were lucky enough to have Rasiak play for us (Tottenham) Wink

8th June 2006 22:03  #4

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,457 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
I just got an email from my poor mother who is trapped in Germany.

9th June 2006 20:38  #5

scottmck Contributor Join Date: April 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 393
Gabe Powers wrote: I just got an email from my poor mother who is trapped in Germany.

Tell the lucky lady that I'll swap places with her Wink

9th June 2006 20:38  #6

Chris Gould Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 7,113 Send a message via ICQ to Chris Gould Send a message via MSN to Chris Gould Send a message via Skype to Chris Gould
If I hear 'Come on England' one more time I'm going to go postal.

9th June 2006 21:49  #7

Gabe Powers Editor Join Date: September 2004 Location: United States Posts: 4,457 Send a message via ICQ to Gabe Powers
scottmck wrote: Gabe Powers wrote: I just got an email from my poor mother who is trapped in Germany.

Tell the lucky lady that I'll swap places with her Wink

Yeah, she couldn't care less about football. She's suppose to come to the cities to visit me this weekend, but isn't sure she'll be able too. She says the airport is a mess. I think she's being a little dramatic, but we'll see. Haven't seen her since Thanksgiving.

10th June 2006 3:59  #8

Tony DeFrancisco Senior Member Join Date: July 2005 Location: United States Posts: 2,652
Chris wrote: If I hear 'Come on England' one more time I'm going to go postal.Come on, England!!!

Wink

10th June 2006 10:05  #9

You don't count, you're American. It's only the fake, bandwagon jumping 'come on England' c**p that is annoying me.

11th June 2006 1:21  #10

Mr.Badass Banned Join Date: April 2006 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 539
Fu*K England, i'm supporting HOLLAND because...
A. I hate 90% of the England players.
B.Repubic Of Ireland didn't qualife
C.Holland rules

11th June 2006 14:14  #11

Why are you supporting another team because yours didn't qualify? That's just stupid. That'd be like me supporting Scotland in the rugby if England didn't make it...

11th June 2006 22:22  #12

because I really like Holland

12th June 2006 3:06  #13

But you're not Dutch. You have nothing invested in the Dutch team. Or is it the 'f**k England' sentiment that drives you?

12th June 2006 3:32  #14

Mal Webmaster Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,290
hehe that's like saying Sunderland supporters should support Newcastle, or Celtic supporters should support Rangers at an international game, but with more history...

12th June 2006 4:20  #15

Aye, bloody stupid. Mostly drive by a 'we hate England' stance from what I can see.

12th June 2006 8:08  #16

I support Ireland because i'm half Irish and I sipport Sunderland by the way

12th June 2006 11:59  #17

Mark Lim Member Join Date: March 2004 Location: Australia Posts: 1,211
Australia plays with Japan tonight. Go the Aussies!!!

12th June 2006 15:55  #18

Tom Editor Join Date: May 2001 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 2,497 Send a message via ICQ to Tom
Well, that was one hell of a comeback from the Aussies! Japan probably a little unlucky though - should have had a penalty near the end.

12th June 2006 16:21  #19

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
Australia just beat Japan 3 to 1!!!

Woo Hoo! Happy

12th June 2006 17:24  #20

Hi Adam, how are you?

Great job from the Aussies in the last eight minutes!! YEAH!

12th June 2006 17:34  #21

Check this out. I'm also a member of an Australian discussion forum discussing mainly TV shows, news, movies, Sport, etc. Anyway, this guy made a really good prediction for the Australian team when the selections were drawn out on who plays who, and he has been right so far!!

Green Day wrote:
My Predictions for Australia

Japan vs Australia: 1-3

i believe that with Guus Hiddink, we have what it takes to beat Japan, Japan only got through, because of their home crowd support.

Australia vs. Brazil: 1-1 or 1-0

It will be a close game, we have what it takes to beat brazil, and hopefully there will be a omen against them because of what happened to france in 2002.

Croatia vs Australia: 0-2

We will win, croatia are all talk.

we will either get first or second in the group, all teams are beatable.

Hiddink helped us qualify in 5 months, he has 6 more months and more games to help us improve and be a better side.

GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!!!!!!!!

13th June 2006 10:55  #22

Worst Nightmare Senior Member Join Date: July 2002 Location: Australia Posts: 6,706 Send a message via AIM to Worst Nightmare Send a message via ICQ to Worst Nightmare Send a message via MSN to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Yahoo to Worst Nightmare Send a message via Google to Worst Nightmare
If Australia get their act together, they may give Brazil a bit of a scare, but I think it may be at least 2-0 in Brazils favour......
Here's hoping for an upset? Happy

16th June 2006 17:56  #23

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
Not interested in Football one bit and for one reason. The MOB that follows it. I'm not talking about all the football fans here who would object to that description (although even some of those would need to take a close look at themselves come match time) I'm talking about the grunting hoards that fill football grounds and pubs on Saturdays and when 'Whatever' Cup Winners Cup Cup is taking place this week is on.

I think the most ugly and repellent thing to watch is the transformation Sun Reading Disciples of Murdoch go through to impress on each other how moronic they can be in their impersonations of loud violent sheep when a match is on. Wherever that mob is deploying itself, you'll find me running in the opposite direction.

My second reason (yes I know I said there was one) is the influence they think they have on the game and the belief that when the post match analysis comes, they know (after the fact of course) how they'd have done it differently, while remaining in the comfort of there armchairs, pint glasses, and beer guts.

I might have more time for football if (at the national level) the teams were made up of players representative of the place that the team is actually based. Not the sum total of a large cheque written by Management (off the back of over priced 'replica' football shirts) for better kickers of a ball from half way round the world. That plan being so obviously outrageous then rename the teams with names not associated with a geographical location. 'Ball Kickers United' for example or 'Dribblers'.

Speaking of shirts (and shoe horning sponsorships into the mix fo just a second) do fans actually realise they are being taken for complete mugs on this issue? I'm not talking about the extortionate pricing of these shirts, I'm talking about fans paying over the odds to wear corporate logos. That's right. You've got it. People who buy replica shirts are paying their hard earned to help already massively profitable companies advertise themselves. These companies pay millions for air time on TV and radio and billboard space to promote themselves yet somehow they've got the shirt wearers to not only do it for free for them but they've got the fans to actually pay them for doing it. How screwed up is that. Your torso is effectively free ad space for Nike, Sharp or Vodafone etc. They should be paying you to walk around in their gear not the other way around.

And finally, (and I'm not labouring under the delusion that this or any of the above is new news) how is it exactly, that you'd like to spell the name of the country you currently infest. Is it E N G L A N D (where I live) or I N G A L A N D (which, I'm assuming only exists in alcohol addled football fan heads where everyday is Saturday, The Sun is mainlined directly into your neanderthal head and Rupert Murdoch is King)?

Have a lovely World Cup people. I do hope England win (and the correct spelling of INGERLAND is engraved on the on the cup as a deliberate typo) not just for the glory of winning and national pride of course (Isn't pride a sin? I'm sure I read that somewhere), but purely just to shut you all the hell up about '66. On second thoughts no. You'd be even more annoying if that happened and we'd still never here the end of it.

GO BRAZIL! GO GERMANY. GO ITALY.

22nd June 2006 12:40  #24

Bodhi Member Join Date: February 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 403
Fingers crossed for Ecuador this Sunday. Wink

It's been a great tournament so far. Most impressed with Argentina's efforts. We'll see if they continue like that...

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?