Cookies on DVDActive
DVDActive uses cookies to remember your actions, such as your answer in the poll. Cookies are also used by third-parties for statistics, social media and advertising. By using this website, it is assumed that you agree to this.

Leaderboard Extra
Region hack for LG RH1777 DVD recorder

Forums - General Chat - Region hack for LG RH1777 DVD recorder 

9th January 2007 7:14  #1

MarissaR Member Join Date: January 2007 Location: Australia Posts: 1
Hi there,

I can't track down a region hack code for my newly purchased LG RH1777 HDD/DVD recorder. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Marissa Happy

27th January 2007 12:38  #2

Possum Magic Member Join Date: January 2007 Location: Australia Posts: 1
Try this - worked for my RH1777

enter "setup" from the remote
Scroll down to the lock symbol
Press the "0" button 7 times
You'll get a confirmation message and then your DVD player is region free :-)

7th February 2007 9:20  #3

philippe Member Join Date: February 2007 Location: Singapore Posts: 1
you might need to "Open the disc tray" before proceed with the rest
(Press SETUP and scroll to 'Lock'Wink
Press 0 seven times
(Press ENTER, Setup)

17th June 2007 11:18  #4

doogs Member Join Date: June 2007 Location: Australia Posts: 1
The below worked a treat for me.  Thankyou Possum Magic

enter "setup" from the remote
Scroll down to the lock symbol
Press the "0" button 7 times
You'll get a confirmation message and then your DVD player is region free :-)

21st February 2009 4:17  #5

Gossip Girl Member Join Date: February 2009 Location: Australia Posts: 2
Can someone help me. I did what people said and it came up with the message...but my Region 1 disc imported from america will still not play. WHen I put it in the machine it takes a while to read before saying 'No disc'.

I don't know how to fix it.

21st February 2009 18:38  #6

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
What disc is it? Is it RCE encoded?

Try another region 1 disc if you have one. A recent Warner DVD perhaps. One that is not RCE encoded. If that works then it's probable that just RCE DVD's won't work with this hack.

Simply put and from what I understand of RCE encoded DVD's, they 'ask' the DVD player "What region are you?".
If your DVD player/recorder is now 'region free' then the player can now no longer 'answer' that question. The player is region free and as such won't play the RCE disc.

If this is the problem, then you'll need a hack that will enable you to input and 'switch' regions manually so that the player can answer positively whether its region 1,2,4 etc or not.

21st February 2009 22:26  #7

Gossip Girl Member Join Date: February 2009 Location: Australia Posts: 2
Thanks for the help.

Do you know where I can find a hack like that for my LG RH1777 ? I've been searching for about 3 hours now. I don't know what I should be searching for though!

22nd February 2009 12:31  #8

Intergalactic Ponce Member Join Date: April 2005 Location: United Kingdom Posts: 1,151
No, sorry I don't know of one.

The only 'workround' I knew of for playing RCE discs was to insert a non RCE region 1 disc in the player (mine is a Pioneer) wait for the FBI logo to appear, eject the disc (without stopping it) then insert the RCE disc. On my player, the RCE disc then played.

Odds are against it working on an LG player/recorder but you might want to give it a go.

Quick Reply 

Message Enter the message here then press submit. The username, password and message are required. Please make the message constructive, you are fully responsible for the legality of anything you contribute. Terms & conditions apply.
Not Registered?
Forgotten Details?