Breaking Bad: Season Five (US - DVD R1 | BD RA)
We've updated our news item with the package artwork for the DVD release
Starring: Bryan Cranston
Released: 4th June 2013
SRP: $65.99, $55.99
Sony has announced the June 4th release of
Breaking Bad: Season Five, or rather, the first half of season five, I suppose, considering that the second half hasn't aired yet (I believe they're still calling it season five all around). Extras are as follows:
Breaking Bad: Season Fiveepisodes include: Live Free or Die, Madrigal, Hazard Pay, Fifty-One, Dead Freight, Buyout, Say My Name, Gliding Over All
The Blu-ray Exclusive special features will include:
- Two all-new featurettes:
- Scene by Scene: Directors Discuss Memorable Moments provides the directors’ experience making the show.
- The Writers of Breaking Bad gives the writers a turn to show viewers what it’s really like to work together and create amazing scripts.
Blu-ray & DVD special features will include:
- Chicks ‘N’ Guns: A scene created and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release. Certain that the DEA dragnet that sent Mike fleeing is about to close around him, Jesse enlists Skinny Pete and a stripper to help him forget his woes...until Saul arrives and gives him something entirely new to fear.
- Cast & crew commentaries on every episode
- Deleted scenes
- Three all-new featurettes:
- Nothing Stops This Train takes viewers on location to see what a huge undertaking it is to film a modern-day train heist.
- The Cleaner: Jonathan Banks as Mike gives viewers a chance to spend time with fan-favorite Cleaner, Jonathan Banks, as he talks about his time with the show.
- Chicks ‘N’ Guns: Behind-the-Scenes shows how the scene came to be, going behind the scenes with Aaron Paul and Bob Odenkirk as it's filmed.
- Writers' Room Timelapse takes viewers through the entire breaking of episode Fifty-One with commentary from the writers.
- Laura Fraser & Jesse Plemons audition footage
- Prison stunt rehearsal footage
- Gallery 1988 Art Show features artwork inspired by the show
- Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling features team Breaking Bad going head to head with team Nerdist to raise money for charity.
- Inside Breaking Bad: 19 episodes that give a behind-the-scenes look of what it takes to create an episode.
Quote: Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul return in their Emmy® winning roles of meth cooks Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in the fifth explosive season of Breaking Bad. With Gus Fring dead, Walt’s transformation from a well-meaning family man to a ruthless drug kingpin is nearly complete. Forming a partnership with Jesse and Mike (Jonathan Banks), Walt proceeds to make a killing until the fruits of his murderous schemes are threatened by a new development in the investigation led by Hank (Dean Norris). Executive produced by Vince Gilligan and Mark Johnson.
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
Supernatural: Season One US - BD Muppet Movie, The US - BD RA Doctor Who: Planet of Giants UK - DVD R2 Doctor Who: Revisitations 3: Part 3 UK - DVD R2 Crazy Legs Conti: Zen and the Art of Competative Eating US - DVD R1
Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka UK - DVD R2 Stuff, The UK - BD RB Capricorn One UK - BD RB November Capsule Reviews US - BD RA The Day the Earth Caught Fire UK - BD RB
SXSW Film 2013 - Part 1 US - DVD | HD | BD Will streaming kill physical media? DVD | HD | BD Gabe's 2012 Wrap-Up DVD | BD Netflix Reviewed UK - DVD | HD | BD Guest Column: Dark Shadows on DVD US - DVD R1
Most Talked About
The Maze Runner US - DVD R1 | BD RA Expendables 3, The US - BD RA Hercules US - BD RA Kino Lorber Studio Classics December US - DVD R1 | BD RA Sony Gallery 1988 SteelBooks US - BD RA