Breaking Bad: The Final Season (US - DVD R1 | BD RA)
Sony has info on the last season and a complete series 'barrel set' release...
Starring: Bryan Cranston
Released: 6th November 2013
Breaking Badstill wrapping up on television as we speak (the final episode is scheduled to air on September 29th), Sony has already announced the release of the final season on Blu-ray and DVD Combo Packs (including UltraViolet copies), along with news of a complete series 'Barrel Set.'
Quote: Fans who are addicted to the series and itching for another hit can now indulge in more than two-hours of never-before-seen footage in a ground-breaking series documentary exclusively in the box set, which comes packaged in a collectible replica barrel representing part of Walter White’s dark legacy. The all-new documentary chronicles the making of the final season, from filming the first table read to the very last day on set and everything in between, including Bryan Cranston inviting the camera in to his Albuquerque living room for the first reading of the final script with Aaron Paul. The box set also contains all bonus features from previously released seasons (including retail exclusives formerly only available in select stores), a Los Pollos Hermanos apron and a collectible booklet with a letter from Gilligan, as well as a commemorative Breaking Bad challenge coin designed and created by Gilligan exclusively for this set as a token of appreciation to fans for making the Breaking Bad journey.
Breaking Bad: The Final Seasonwill include the series’ final eight episodes and the following extras:
- Blood Money Table Read – A rare look at the only final season Breaking Bad table read (Blu-ray exclusive).
- Cast and Crew Commentaries on Every Episode
- Four Featurettes
- The Main Event
- The Final Showdown
- Life of a Show Runner
- Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending
- Alternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how
Breaking Badcould have ended.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Walt’s Confession
- The Layers of a Sound Mix
- Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
- Uncensored and Extended Episodes
Breaking Bad: The Complete SeriesBarrel Set extras will include:
- No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad - An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.
- Additional previously released featurettes and retail exclusives:
- Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.
- Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled Blood Money.
- Scene Envy – The cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.
- Shocking Moments - The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.
- From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.
- How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.
- Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader - A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.
- Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.
- A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman – A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.
- Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.
- Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.
- Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
- The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.
- Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective - Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.
- Ted's Wipeout – In Episode 411, Crawl Space,Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.
- The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode Bullet Points
- Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.’s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.
Breaking Badfollows protagonist Walter White (Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Gunn) and teenage son (Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a slim chance to survive. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how this fatal diagnosis transforms Walt from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Season One US - DVD R1 | BD RA The Originals: Season Three US - DVD R1 | BD RA Vampire Diaries: Season Seven US - DVD R1 | BD RA I Am Wrath US - DVD R1 | BD RA The Boss US - DVD R1 | BD RA
Little Nicky - Platinum Series US - DVD R1 Planzet UK - DVD R2 Texas Chainsaw (2013, 2D) US - BD RA Seed UK - DVD R2 Carlito's Way: Rise to Power UK - DVD R2