Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (US - BD RA)
We've updated the new with a press release image of the complete series set
Starring: Jason Voorhees
Released: 13th September 2013
After taking a quick look at Warner's upcoming Blu-ray release of Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, I thought I'd share a couple of things that many people may have questions about. You can expect a full review sometime next week. - Matt
- No new special features were created specifically for this set.
- Save for the artwork, the discs featuring Friday the 13th, Friday the 13th Part II and Friday the 13th Part 3 are the exact same discs that were previously released by Paramount; Friday the 13th Part 3 is still presented in 2D and red and blue anaglyph 3D.
- Likewise, save for the artwork the disc for Friday the 13th (2009) is the same as the previous release. The disc containing Freddy Vs. Jason has a revamped menu, but the same content as the previous Blu-ray release.
- Only the R-rated cut of Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday is included; the commentary track found on the DVD is also absent.
- The "Killer Bonus" DVD of extras included in the set is the exact same disc that was included with the "From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" boxed set released in 2004, right down to the disc artwork and copyright stamp.
- After a cursory look it seems that all of the Deluxe Collector's Edition extras for Fridays 4-8 have been ported over to the set, and many of them are now presented in high definition.
- The "From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" commentary tracks for Friday the 13th Part 3 and Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood are not included; all of the original eight Paramount films contain at least one commentary track except for Friday the 13th Part II and Friday the 13th Part 3 which do not have one. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan each include two commentary tracks.
- The UltraViolet code included with the set is one code for the entire collection--you do not get a separate code for each film.
It has been almost exactly four years since Paramount released Friday the 13th: Part 3 on Blu-ray. Four years and no sign of films 4 through X. Today Warner Bros., in cooperation with Paramount, finally announced a complete collection Blu-ray set, set to be released on September 13th of this year.
Quote: The 10-disc collection includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that’s viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.
Friday The 13th: The Complete Collectionalso includes digital versions of all 12 films with UltraViolet™, allowing viewers to download and instantly stream the films to a wide range of devices from computers and compatible tablets to smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.
Films in the Collection include:
- Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
- Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (probably anaglyph) (1982)
- Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
New to Blu-ray
- Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
New to Blu-ray
- Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
New to Blu-ray
- Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002)
New to Blu-ray
- Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and “Killer Cut” Extended Version)
- Disc 10 – Killer Bonus DVD Disc
Update: Here's the press release image:
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
David Hayter US - DVD R1 | BD RA SXSW Film 2013 - Part 1 US - DVD | HD | BD Will streaming kill physical media? DVD | HD | BD Gabe's 2012 Wrap-Up DVD | BD Netflix Reviewed UK - DVD | HD | BD
Doug Naylor DVD Simon Heller DVD Rick Dean DVD The Hitcher Team DVD Bruce Boxleitner Interview: Area 51 DVD | BD
Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead US - DVD R1 Resident Evil: Apocalypse US - DVD R1 They (Rental) AU - DVD R4 Lost Souls AU - DVD R4 Shark Attack 3: Megalodon UK - DVD R2