Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Extended Edition, The (US - DVD R1 | BD RA)
WB has an even longer version of Peter Jackson's first Hobbit film on the way...
Released: 15th November 2013
SRP: $54.98, $35.99
Did you have enough of
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journeylast year? Well, if you didn't, I've got some good news – Warner Bros. has a new Extended Cut on the way this November.
This version will be released in a 5 Disc 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack (with UV Copy and 2D BD), a 3 Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (with UV copy), and a 5 Disc DVD Combo Pack (with UV Copy). I have no information right now on the audio or subtitle options, but extras on all three releases are scheduled to include:
- Filmmakers' Commentary: Director/writer/producer Peter Jackson and writer/coproducer Philippa Boyens provide their Perspective and stories on creating the first film of
- New Zealand: Home of Middle-earth: From Matamata to Queenstown, travel with Peter Jackson and his team across the stunning locations of New Zealand, transformed by the filmmakers into Middle-earth.
- The Appendices: A multi-part chronological history of the filming of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, covering pre-production in the various departments of the film in the months leading up to the start of principal photography, the boot camp training for the main cast, the work done on set chronologically through the three shooting blocks and in the world of its digital effects.
- The Journey Back to Middle-earth
- Riddles in the Dark: Gollum's Cave
- An Unexpected Party: Bag End
- Roast Mutton: Trollshaws Forest
- Bastion of the Greenwood: Rhosgobel
- A Short Rest: Rivendell and London
- Over Hill: The Misty Mountains
- Under Hill: Goblin Town
- Out of the Fryingpan: The Forest Ledge
- Return to Hobbiton: The Shire
- The Epic of Scene 88: Strath Taieri
- The Battle of Moria: Azanulbizar
- Edge of the Wilderland: Pick-ups and the Corrock
- Home is Behind, The World Ahead
- The Company of Thorin: Explores the characters and backgrounds of the five families of dwarves and the company of actors chosen to play Thorin’s company on the Quest of the Lonely Mountain.
- Assembling the Dwarves:
- Thorin, Fili & Kili
- Balin & Dwalin
- Oin & Gloin
- Dori, Nori & Ori
- Bifur, Bofur & Bombur
- Mr. Baggins: The 14th Member: A revealing look at the film’s charismatic and talented lead actor, Martin Freeman.
- Durin's Folk: Creating the Dwarves: The journey and process of designing, conceptualizing and physically realizing the dwarves in
- The Peoples and Denizens of Middle-earth: Focuses on the realization of new characters and creatures we encounter in Film 1, from casting to characterization to physical and digital design. Including the Stone Trolls; Radagast the Brown; the Great Goblin and his horde; and Azog the Defiler.
- Realms of the Third Age: From Bag End to Goblin Town: Following the creation of the Middle--‐earth locations from conceptual design, to set and prop building to fully digital realities. Realms explored include Hobbiton, Rhosgobel, Rivendell, The Misty Mountains and Goblin Town.
- The Songs of
The Hobbit: A look at the realization of Tolkien’s songs in Film One.
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
Sheldon Hall DVD Doug Naylor DVD Bruce Boxleitner Interview: Area 51 DVD | BD Simon Heller DVD Rick Dean DVD
Hot Easter Eggs
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back US - DVD R1 Christmas Story, A: 20th Anniversary Special Edition US - DVD R1 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith US - DVD R1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Two UK - BD Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (Vista Series) US - DVD R1
World War Z US - BD RA They Live UK - DVD R2 Dorm that Dripped Blood, The US - BD Three Faces of Terror IT - DVD R2 House by the Cemetery, The UK - DVD R2