JFK Ultimate Collector's Edition (US - BD RA)
WB has an outrageously extensive version of Stone's film coming to Blu-ray.
Starring: Kevin Costner
Released: 15th October 2013
SRP: $59.99 SRP
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Warner Bros. is releasing
JFK 50th Commemorative Ultimate Collector’s Edition, a extras-packed, special edition version of Oliver Stone's film on Blu-ray.
The special features will include:
- JFK: To the Brink: This documentary is Chapter 6 from the powerful historical series Untold History of the United States, a ten-part Showtime Original Series, debuting on Blu-ray October 15 through WBHE. The in-depth, surprising, and totally riveting series, co-written by Stone with Peter Kuznick and Matt Graham, was directed and narrated by Stone. This one-hour segment sheds valuable additional insight into JFK’s presidency during the Bay of Pigs; on the brink of total war during the Cuban Missile Crisis; through early Vietnam; JFK's attempts at peace with Khrushchev; and finally the President’s assassination
- New Documentary – JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later: 50 years after his assassination on November 22, 1963, John F. Kennedy remains as vital and compelling as when he was first elected. This documentary reacquaints us with the first Irish-Catholic president and the youngest in U.S. history, presenting images and personalities frozen in time. From Kennedy's nomination to his election, from his inspiring inaugural address to the Bay of Pigs, from civil rights and racial struggles to space exploration, from the Berlin Wall appearance to his leadership during the Cuban Missile Crisis, Kennedy ranks among the great presidents in the history of the United States.
- Remastered Documentary – John F. Kennedy: Years of Lightning, Day of Drums (1965): This documentary tribute to President Kennedy was named one of the Ten Best Films of the Year by the National Board of Review. Produced by George Stevens Jr. for the United States Information Agency (USIA), it was narrated by Gregory Peck, and written and directed by Bruce Herschensohn, who also composed the music. The film chronicles the thousand days of JFK’s presidency, featuring numerous clips from speeches and an intimate look at Kennedy family life. It was not originally intended for the general public; however, the quality was considered so outstanding that a special act of Congress allowed it to eventually be shown theatrically.
- Feature film - PT 109 (1963): Before Kennedy was president, he was a hero in World War II. Based on the book by Robert J. Donovan, this film stars Academy Award®-winning actor Cliff Robertson (Best Actor in a Leading Role, Charly 1969) as Lieutenant Kennedy. While a young captain of a PT boat in the South Pacific, Kennedy lead his men in a daring rescue of American Marines stranded on a small island inside the area of Japanese control. On another mission, a Japanese destroyer sliced the small boat in half, and miles from the nearest island Kennedy proves himself a hero with his efforts to save his crew.
- Behind the Story.
- Commentary by Director Oliver Stone.
- Beyond JFK: The Question of Conspiracy.
- Multimedia Essays.
- Assassination Update – The New Documents.
- Meet Mr. X: The Personality and Thoughts of Fletcher Prouty.
- Deleted/extended scenes with commentary by director Oliver Stone (production audio only).
- Theatrical trailer.
JFK 50th Commemorative Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill sell for $59.99 SRP. The documentaries JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later and John F. Kennedy: Years of Lightning, Day of Drums will also be available on DVD separately, for $5.94 and $11.97 SRP respectively. Untold History of the United States, containing JFK: To the Brink, will make its U.S. Blu-ray debut October 15.
Here's a beauty shot of the full collection for you:
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
Spartacus: Blood and Sand The Complete First Series UK - BD Spring Breakers UK - BD RB Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe US - BD RA Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy US - BD RA Monsters, Inc. US - BD
Trapped (Rental) AU - DVD R4 Byzantium US - BD RA Blue Ruin US - BD RA Taken UK - DVD R2 Abduction UK - BD RB