More Scream Factory News (US - BD RA)
Scream Factory has sent over hi-res cover art for their upcoming releases...
Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis
Most of this news has been available on Scream Factory's official site for some time, but they've been nice enough to send me over some hi-res cover art to go with it.
The Town that Dreaded Sundown(Release Date: 05/21/2013)
- The Evictors (1979) feature length film (on DVD).
- Audio Commentary with Justin Beahm and Historian Jim Presley.
- Small Town Lawman – An Interview with actor Andrew Prine.
- Survivor Stories – An Interview with actress Dawn Wells.
- Eye of the Beholder – An Interview with Director of Photography James Roberson.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Essay by writer Brian Albright
- Poster & Still Gallery
Quote: When two young lovers are savagely beaten and tortured on a back country road in Texarkana, local police are baffled. Three weeks later, two more people are slain in a similar setting and Deputy Norman Ramsey fears a pattern might be developing. Texas Ranger J.D. Morales (Ben Johnson, The Wild Bunch) is brought in to help. The two officers must find 'The Phantom Killer' before he can kill again. Also starring Andrew Prine ( Grizzly) and Dawn Wells ( Gilligan’s Island), directed by Charles B. Pierce ( The Legend Of Boggy Creek), and based on one of America’s most baffling murder cases, this horrifying suspense thriller is a shocking experience you’ll never forget.
The Howling(Release Date: 06/18/2013)
All-New Scream Factory Extras:
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner.
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary from Director Joe Dante.
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds – A look at the film's location.
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator Dave Allen.
- Interviews with screenwriter Terence Winkless, Executive Producer Steven A. Lane and editor Mark Goldblatt.
Extras from MGM's DVD release:
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo.
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary.
- Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary.
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
Quote: Severely shaken after a near-fatal encounter with a serial killer, TV newscaster Karen White (Dee Wallace, E.T.) takes some much-needed time off. Hoping to conquer her inner demons, she heads for 'The Colony,' a secluded retreat where her new neighbors are just a tad too eager to make her feel at home. Also, there seems to be a bizarre link between her would-be attacker and this supposedly safe haven. And when, after nights of being tormented by savage shrieks and unearthly cries, Karen ventures into the forest to find answers, she makes a terrifying discovery. Now she must fight not only for her life... but for her very soul!
Lifeforece(Release Date: 06/18/2013)
- The original theatrical version in HD (on the Blu-ray Disc only).
- Audio Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper, moderated by Fillmmaker Tim Sullivan.
- Audio Commentary with Special Make-up Effects Designer Nick Maley.
- New Interviews with Director Tobe Hooper, Actor Steve Railsback, and Actress Mathilda May.
- Original The Making of Lifeforce Featurette.
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
Quote: A mission to investigate Halley's Comet discovers an even stranger phenomenon: an alien spacecraft! Following a deadly confrontation, the aliens arrive on Earth, where their seductive leader begins a terrifying campaign to drain the lifeforce of everyone she encounters. Her victims, in turn, continue the cycle, and soon the entire planet is in mortal danger. And when the mission's sole survivor (Steve Railsback, The Stunt Man) sets out to destroy her, he comes face to face with the most charming - and horrifying – being he's ever known. Will he be able to destroy the lovely vampiress...or will he become yet another victim of her fatal charm?
The Fog(Release Date: 07/30/2013)
New Scream Factory Extras:
- New HD transfer of the film supervised by Director of Photography Dean Cundey.
- Exclusive interview with Actress Jamie Lee Curtis discussing The Fog and covering her legendary early 80s 'Scream Queen' career.
- Audio commentary featuring Actress Adrienne Barbeau, Actor Tom Atkins and Production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace.
- Retrospective interview with Director of Photography Dean Cundey about his many legendary collaborations with John Carpenter.
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations with host Sean Clark.
Extras from the MGM prior release include:
- Tales From The Mist: Inside The Fog Featurette.
- Fear On Film: Inside The Fog Featurette.
- The Fog: Storyboard To Film Featurette.
- Theatrical Trailers & TV Spots
- Photo Gallery and Storyboards
- Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill.
Quote: The sleepy seaside village of Antonio Bay is about to learn the true meaning of the word "vengeance." For this seemingly perfect town masks a guilty secret...a past steeped in greed and murder. Exactly 100 years ago, a ship was horribly wrecked under mysterious circumstances in a thick, eerie fog. Now, shrouded in darkness, the long dead mariners have returned from their watery grave to exact a bloody revenge.
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
True Blood: Season Four US - BD RA Paramount Blu-ray Wrap Up US - BD Night Train Murders US - BD Capricorn One UK - BD RB 24: Season One AU - DVD R4
G.I. Joe: Retaliation US - BD RA Creature Comforts: Series 2 Part 1 UK - DVD R2 Zodiac: Director's Cut US - BD Conan the Barbarian UK - BD RB Great Gatsby, The US - BD