Top Gun 3D (US - BD RA)
Paramount has sent over the specs and cover art for this upcoming re-release...
Starring: Tome Cruise
Released: 19th February 2013
Tony Scott's fan-favourite jet fighter flick,
Top Gun, has been given the total post-conversion 3D make-over, and will be coming to 3D Blu-ray on February 19th following an exclusive six-day theatrical run in select IMAX® 3D theaters beginning on February 8th.
This Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/Digital Copy combo pack (which appears to match the collector's edition release, outside of the 3D, of course) will feature:
- The remastered feature film in both 1080p 3D and 1080p 2D
- Dolby TrueHD 5.1 English, DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1 English, Dolby Digital 5.1 French and Spanish audio options
- English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles
- Commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, co-screenwriter Jack Epps, Jr. and naval experts
- Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun (six-part documentary)
- Multi-Angle Storyboards with optional commentary by Tony Scott
- Best of the Best: Inside the Real Top Gun
- Music Videos: Kenny Loggins' 'Danger Zone,' Berlin's 'Take My Breath Away,' Loverboy's 'Heaven In Your Eyes,' and Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens' 'Top Gun Anthem'
- TV Spots
- Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Survival Training Featurette
- Tom Cruise Interviews
Top Gunwas re-mastered from high resolution original negative scans and painstakingly converted to 3D by Legend3D under the supervision of the film’s director, Tony Scott. The artists at Legend3D began by studying every shot in the film and mapping out each element on screen in order to create a realistic sense of depth. This process allows the artists to enhance the experience of each scene individually so that the appropriate elements are brought forward or back, depending on the scene. Rendered in 3D, the film’s complex, long shots reveal extraordinary depth and clarity, allowing viewers to explore every detail of the action. From the spectacular aerial dogfights to the intense close-ups in the cockpits, each frame gives the audience the feeling of being part of the story.
The story of an elite group of pilots competing to be the best in their class and earn the title of 'Top Gun' captured the imagination of a generation and earned a worldwide box office of over $350 million upon its release in 1986. Tom Cruise is superb as the cocky but talented pilot Maverick and Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches him a few things you can’t learn in a classroom. Featuring a sensational soundtrack with unforgettable songs including Berlin’s 'Take My Breath Away' and Kenny Loggins' 'Danger Zone,' the film also stars Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
X-Men The Animated Series: Volume 3 and 4 US - DVD Pitch Black/The Chronicles of Riddick Double Feature US - BD Saw II UK - DVD R2 Infernal Affairs US - BD RA Patriot Games: Special Collector's Edition US - DVD R1
Numbers Station, The US - BD RA Jack the Giant Slayer US - BD Forbidden Hollywood: Volume 7 US - DVD R1 Vineyard, The UK - DVD R2 Dragonball Evolution: Z Edition US - BD RA
Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition US - BD RA Black Swan US - BD RA Shark Attack 3: Megalodon UK - DVD R2 Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever US - DVD R1 Beyond, The UK - BD RB
Most Talked About
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection US - BD RA Evil Dead (2013) US - DVD R1 | BD RA Warner Bros Horror Titles US - BD RA Walking Dead: Season 3, The US - DVD R1 | BD RA Disney June Animation 2-Packs US - BD RA