Zombie (US - DVD | BD)
Blue Underground just announced every horror fan's Halloween plans for the year.
Starring: Tisa Farrow, Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson, Al Cliver, Olga Karlatos
Released: 25th October 2011
SRP: $39.98, $29.98
Clear those calendars kiddies, our friends at Blue Underground just dropped a ten-megaton Blu-ray news bomb – the first official release of Lucio Fulci's seminal living dead splatter opus
Zombie! The two-disc Blu-ray will feature 2.35:1, 1080p video, 7.1 DTS-HD, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX and Original Mono audio options, along with English, English SDH, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Thai subtitles, and the following extras.
- Audio Commentary with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Guillermo del Toro Intro
- Zombie Wasteland – Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
- Flesh Eaters on Film – Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
- Deadtime Stories – Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
- World of the Dead – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
- Zombi Italiano – Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
- Notes on a Headstone – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
- All in the Family – Interview with Antonella Fulci
- Zombie Lover – Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
There will also be a new two-disc DVD, which will feature a 2.35:1, anamorphically enhanced transfer, 6.1 DTS-ES, Dolby Digital Surround EX, and Original Mono audio, along with the same subtitles and extras.
Below is art for both the Blu-ray and DVD collections, followed by the official press release.
The Dead are Among Us!
In Italy, it was considered the ‘unofficial sequel’ to
Dawn of the Dead. In England, it was known as
Zombie Flesheatersand banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line "WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!" Tisa Farrow (
Anthropophagus), Ian McCulloch (
Contamination), Al Cliver (
The Beyond), and Richard Johnson (
The Haunting) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by ‘Maestro Of Gore’ Lucio Fulci (
City of the Living Dead) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!
Blue Underground is proud to present
Zombiein a new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncut and uncensored camera negative. Each flesh-eating frame has been lovingly restored to skull-rotting perfection under the supervision of Cinematographer Sergio Salvati (
The Beyond). Now fully-loaded with hours of brand new Extras, this is the Ultimate Edition of
News by Gabriel Powers
Follow our updates
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF
Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka UK - DVD R2 Stuff, The UK - BD RB Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The US - BD RA American Hustle UK - BD RB Wrath of Vajra US - BD RA
Abominable US - DVD R1 Heist AU - DVD R4 Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will HK - DVD Silver Bullet UK - DVD R2 Shock Labyrinth 3D, The UK - DVD R2
Hot Easter Eggs
Red Dwarf - Series 1 UK - DVD R2 Spider-Man 2 HK - DVD Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith US - DVD R1 Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back US - DVD R1 Terminator 2: Judgment Day US - DVD R1